Chapter 18

I want to dedicate this chapter to Darkening-Skies for their constant votes and support on my story. You should really check her out, I really enjoy some of their stories :) Thanks so much! :D Anyway, enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sighed when my back hit the bed. We had finally made it back and I was exhausted from carrying Deidara the whole way here as he was still unconscious which worried me slightly. I looked over to the blonde lying on his bed and thought I would calm down and give him another hour or two before completely freaking out, besides he was probably just out of chakra. I decided I would go and visit Itachi for a bit as he should have been back from his mission by now and I could do with a little cheering up. I usually would go to Deidara for that, but he's a little too unconscious right now and I'm not really close to any of the other members here. Well except Sasori, but he can be a little too quiet at times and he was probably really busy fixing his recently broken puppets. I got up of my bed and headed for Itachi's room hoping he was in a good mood.. well good for him anyway. I knocked on his room door and entered when he told me it was ok to enter. "Hi, how was your mission?" I asked walking over to sit beside him on his bed.

"Exhausting" he simply replied. I knew he was feeling very tired, I could feel it too after all, but honestly he was being so quiet and it was beyond ridiculous.

"I'm glad to see you're as talkative as ever, Itachi" I stated sarcastically and he smirked slightly at this.

"You're right, how rude of me not to ask how you got beaten up by the enemy this time". My eyes widened.

"Do my ears deceive me? Did the famous Itachi Uchiha actually make a joke?" I burst out laughing and he just smirked. "Sorry, Sorry. Gosh I crack myself up too much. My mission was fine I guess"

"You cried all night didn't you?"

"H-how..." I was about to ask how he knew when I remembered my kekkai genkai. "Oh yeah I forgot about that" I laughed awkwardly rubbing the back of my head and Itachi just rolled his eyes. "Yeah well I was just a little upset after seeing my father again was all"

"What happened?" he asked suddenly concerned. I told him everything from pissing off Sasori to meeting my siblings to crying all night long, leaving out the part about sleeping in the same bed as Deidara and falling asleep on Sasori's lap, after I cried myself to sleep. "Sounds like you had it worse than me" he replied when I was finished.

"Is that all you're going to say to that?" I joked. "What happened to you anyway, you seem a little more.. 'Itachi' than usual". He smiled slightly then sighed.

"Sasuke left the village to join Orochimaru" I tried to hide the shock in my face, but I knew it was useless as he could tell how I felt anyway.

"You mean that pedo snake guy that tried to take your body and then attacked the leaf village during the chunin exams?" I gasped. He just nodded his head and I could tell he was slightly worried and guilty. "Hey! It wasn't your fault he joined him, you were just pushing him to be stronger so he could protect himself and I wouldn't worry about him, Sasuke is very strong and very stubborn, but he's not stupid. He probably knows what Orochimaru is planning and when he is strong enough will probably take him down. He won't let his body fall into the hands of a pedo snake, he enjoys the fan girls attention too much" I joked trying to lighten the mood. He just smiled slightly and nodded. I leaned over and lay my head on his shoulder and he hugged my waist and lay his head on top of mine as we sat in silence just enjoying each other's company. After a while, I got up and told him I had to go see if Deidara was recovering yet and left his room telling him to take it easy and get some sleep. I closed the door and walked into my room to see Deidara sitting up on his bed. "Glad to see you're finally awake" I said feeling relieved.