First Date

I had gone home at about 6:25 because my shift was over. I walked in my door and smelled my Aunt's pasta and meatballs that would be world famous if she dared to give the recipe to anyone. Yeah that's not happening. She grinned at me when I walked in. 

"So how was work?" She asked, leaning on the island in the middle of the room as I took a seat at the bar stools on the opposite side.

"Fine. My hot manager is having me come to Pizza Star at 7:30 tonight for a date. So no dinner for me." I say and my aunt chuckles, returning to her oven because the timer was going off. As I turned to leave, I heard her murmur something that sounded like 'I'll never understand teenagers.' but I shrugged it off and headed to my bathroom to take a shower. I got in the shower and let the cold water hit my back as I let out a giant sigh. Thank god for cold showers. I don't know what I'd do without them. I got out of the shower and put my hair in a quick bun as I re-did my makeup. Once I finished, I took my hair out of the bun and blew it dry. I then straightened it and changed into some tights jeans and a crop top with a plain black tank top under. I quickly put on some cherry chap stick and walked out of my room, with my converse strapped on my feet. My aunt grinned at me as she looked me up and down.

"Nice outfit Olive. Dressing up for that manager of yours?" She asked raising an eyebrow and I rolled my eyes. "How old is he? He isn't like a 30 year old right? You know what I say. No one over 21." She says and I chuckle and nod.

"He's my age. His dad owns all of the restaurants and that means he gets to be the manager there." I say and she nods.

"So he's hot eh?" She asks, leaning over the counter, sounding interested and I threw the oven mitt to my right at her head. She caught it easily and let out a small laugh.

"He is. He's also very arrogant. You'd be surprised how annoying he can be." I say as I explain what a douche that Matt is. She grins at me.

"So why are you going on the date? Did he keep asking you?" She asks and suddenly my face goes red.

"Um...I kinda forced him to go out with me. Long story. Anyway I should go...." I say, wanting to leave before I tell my Aunt Lisa anymore. She chuckles and calls after me.

"You're explaining this to me later! Oh and if you don't come home by 11:30, I'm assuming you're dead and I'm calling the police!" She yells and I laugh as I skip to my car. I love my Aunt Lisa. I really do. But how do you explain that you forced your manager to go out with you? Yeah it doesn't sound too good. I jump in my car and drive to Pizza Star. I notice the other shops are mostly closing now, and I walk over to the door to see their's only a few lights still on. I try to open the door and find it locked. I frown and put my hands on my hips. Then I hear a few footsteps behind me. Before I can look to see who it is I feel hands on my hips as sparks shoot through me.

"Olive don't frown. It may get stuck like that." A low voice says in my ear and I turn to see Matt, giving me a small smirk. I blink a few times, still dazed and then shake my head.

"Matt. I thought you were already here?" I ask and he shakes his head at me.

"I needed to shower and change. Didn't think I was going to go on a date if I'm all gross and sweaty, eh?" He says and turns to unlock the door. "I may have been forced into this date, but it doesn't mean I won't look good on it." Matt says with a shrug as he opens the door and holds it open for me to walk through. I walk in and switch a light on so we can see and Matt takes my hand. I feel tingles almost instantly. I want to pull away but I can't. Then I realize, Matt's guiding me to the kitchen. We walk in and I notice a table with two unlit candles. He pulls back my chair and I sit. He walks over to the stove and pulls out some pizza dough. I cock my head as I watch him kneading the dough. "You just gonna sit there and stare at me?" Matt asks, not even looking up at me. I feel the blush on my face but try to control myself.