Hitting The Clubs

"Honey you need to get up."

"No!" I yell from where I lay in bed. I hadn't left my room. I pretty much quit work, that bitch can have my job. She can have Matt. Just the thought of Matt made me tear up. I wiped my tears away and shook my head. No. He's not worth my tears. Then I hear a soft knock at my door.

"Olive. It's Sarah, can I come in?" She asks and I swear this is the first time I've heard her sound even slightly calm. I sigh. Maybe some human interaction would be good for me. Yep there's my practical part of my brain kicking in.

"Yeah." I say, getting up and unlocking my door to fall back down on my bed. She came in and tossed me a carton of coffee ice cream. I sighed in pleasure as the ice cream hit my tongue.

"Better?" Sarah asked, eating out of her mint chocolate chip carton. I nodded.

"Much better." I say and Sarah then pops in a disk which I soon find out is He's Just Not That Into You. I have to say, I'd expect it to make me upset but they have a whole lot of jokes in this movie that I found myself laughing at. That or Sarah would tell me how one girl really needed to do something with those, and I quote 'bushy squirrels above her eyes'. When we were finished, I was laughing at the credits where they showed the people and how they were after they got their guy or girl, or how they were being all lonely and stuff. It was a good movie, and by the end I was feeling better.

"So Sarah...I noticed that um he had this red mark on his right cheek when I went back to Pizza Star." I say and Sarah grins sheepishly.

"Well when you ran away he explained to me that he was getting married and that girl he was marrying, flashed her giant ring at me and I got a little mad and uh slapped him? The girl was like 'ohh myy godd what's like wrong with youu! Are you like a crazy ex girlfriend or somethin? Like that's not cool. Maybe you should like leave!'" Sarah imitated Maria in a gross pip squeak voice which made me laugh.

"What'd you do then?" I asked, loving every moment of this.

"I told her she was a bitch and stepped on her perfectly-pedicured foot and left." Sarah says shrugging and I laughed.

"Oh Sarah I love you!" I say, and hug her tightly. "You are truly my best friend ever." I say and Sarah grins happily at me.

"So what about you?" She asks and I sigh.

"I took off to a field behind the park on the other end of the parking lot. When I came back he told me that I wasn't working that day, that Maria took my place, but he knows I need the job." I tell her and she frowns.

"You told him about your parents?" She asks and I shake my head.

"Not at that point. Later he came over and I ended up screaming at him and I told him how my dad died and how he was as bad as him." I say and Sarah nods sympathetically.

"Honey it's okay." She says, rubbing my back.

"I saw his dad." I blurt out and Sarah frowns.

"His jerk dad? Where? When?" Sarah asks.

"I ditched that day and went to the beach. His dad was there and he told me it was his idea. He told me it wasn't Matt's fault." I say and Sarah's eye widen.

"So why are you mad at him still? He probably still loves you!" Sarah says eagerly and I shake my head.

"He said last night it, and I quote-'It's not my fault you fell for me.' " I say and Sarah's mouth hangs open.

"What about the ring he gave you?" She asks and I sigh deeply.

"I gave it back. Or more threw it back at him. He made his choice and I made mine. It's over. Whatever. He's not worth my time and maybe this was for the better." I say and Sarah nods. We look at the TV for a bit, watching a rerun of the Bachelorette. Then she turns back to me.