Maria Lily

I wanted to take off work so badly. I wanted to more than you could ever imagine. I mean Matt's going to ignore me. How can I bare it? I haven't told Sarah yet. I planned on telling her later when I see her. I knew that if I tried to skip work it would be unprofessional of me, so I got out of bed and I got ready. I didn't need to be there until 1:30 and it was currently 11:00. I decided I should talk to my Aunt though, maybe she could help me with the whole Matt thing. I walked down stairs and saw my Aunt Lisa making some french toast. I sat down and she put a plate in front of me. She stopped what she was doing for a second and studied my face. She looked me up and down then finally back at me.

"What happened sweetie." My Aunt asked in a motherly tone. I sighed, putting my fork down and looking at her.

"I fell for him." I say sadly. "I fell for Matt Star. I should've known. Damn hormones." I say and close my eyes, taking deep breaths to stop myself from crying.

"Yeah?" She asks and I nod my head. I wanted to tell her everything but I was having a hard time getting it out so I chose to tell her something simple. "Where did that ring come from?" She asks me and my eyes snap to hers.

"Alright you got me. Matt gave it to me. He sorta indirectly told me he loved me too. Then he told me we couldn't date because he was being selfish and couldn't put Al's job in danger, who is like a father to him." I try explaining to Aunt Lisa. After going over more details she finally was caught up.

"Can I see the ring?" She asks me and I nod.

"Sure." I say and hold out my right hand's ring finger. She looks over and lets out a sigh.

"It's so pretty." She cooed, lifting my hand lightly. "He indirectly told you he loves you?" She asks and I nod.

"He said he has to think if love is worth losing everything. When I asked him what he meant, he said he has to put his family first." I said, my voice breaking at the end. Aunt Lisa gives me a sympathetic smile and rubs my arm.

"Honey, everything will be fine. I promise you." She says and I nod.

"Alright well it's 12:30. I need to start getting ready for work. Maybe look nice for the guy who can't have me." I say with a wink as I hop up the stairs to change. I put on black shorts, my red Pizza Star uniform shirt and I let my hair down and curly. I put on some makeup before bounding down the steps. I drove to Pizza Star with a final goodbye to my Aunt. I walked in the door and saw that Julie was yelling at Matt and Al.

"Are you kidding me?" She yelled. "First we got that girl Olive and now there's another girl working here?!" She yelled and I gave Al a questioning look.

"What's going on?" I ask and they all look over at me. Julie gives another stomp before going into the locker room. Matt sighs.

"My uh fiancee is going to be working here." Matt said looking at me, with a worried expression. I stand frozen for a moment before I begin laughing.

"Nice one Matt. Fiancee. Yeah okay. Not falling for that one Star." I say, trying not to say Matty as best as I can. Then a girl with long black hair walks in, with gorgeous brown eyes that would be envious of anyone. She had an amazing figure and everything about her screamed model.

"Matty honey. I'm here for my first day!" The girl says, giving Matt a hug with a quick kiss on the cheek. My mouth drops open, my eyes wide.

"Hey Maria." Matt says stiffly. I know he's looking at me but I'm too surprised.

"Olive!" I hear someone scream. No. This isn't happening. Sarah walked in the door. No. She thinks that Matt and I are still into each other. She doesn't know. She doesn't know. "Oh and you must be Matt! I've heard all about you." She says giving him a wink. I'm frozen. I don't know what to do.