The Bet

Olive's POV

So news spread quickly. Donovan Star was locked up for life for murder and all that. Matt took the company off of his hands because Mr.Star's will was never found. I was walking through the doors of Pizza Star with Matt and we stopped for a moment. It was 10am and we were here an hour early because we needed to clean up. While we were gone for those months, Al had been taking care of the business.

"Al said he'd be here right?" I asked as I walked in, I felt Matt behind me putting his hands on my hips.

"He should be." He said, concern laced into his voice.

"You don't think your dad did anything to him before he you know..." I trailed off and Matt shook his head.

"He's in jail. What could he have done?" He asked and I sighed, shrugging.

"I don't know." I say sadly.

"I'll call him now. Don't worry about it Oli, everything's fine." He said, grabbing his phone and moving away from me to punch in his number. He held the phone to his ear and listened patiently. "Yeah, hey." Matt said suddenly and I figured he picked up. "Where are you? Olive was worried." He said shooting me a wink and I scowled. "Yeah okay. Alright see you later." He said and hung up.

"What was that about?" I asked and he turned to me with a small smile.

"Said he slept in and was coming soon." He said and I sighed, he walked over to me and pulled me into his arms. "Babe relax. Everything's fine. My dad can't do anything from prison." He said easily and I nodded.

"Okay can we get down to business now?" I asked and he nodded, walking over to the counter and throwing me my apron.

"Sure but what kind of business? Like work business, or like.." and he waggled his eyebrows as he continued "Or like business." he said and I rolled my eyes but felt my cheeks flush.

"Matt you are such a perv." I say and push his shoulder. He laughed at me and began going through the register.

"Alright what do you want to talk about?" He asked, looking more serious then before.

"Julie!" I say and he raises his eyebrows.

"What about Julie?" He asks and I scratch my head sheepishly.

"It's just...she sorta...you know...flirts with...uh um you?" I barely managed to say. I stammered over almost every word as an amused expression flitted across Matt's face. He walked over to me, looking me over and grinning.

"Baby are you jealous?" He asked, moving his lips to my neck, letting his breath fan across my skin and I gulped. I bit my lip, trying to not be affected by him, but it was getting harder to resist.

"N-no." I stammered. Damn it! It was only one word and I still tripped over it! He smirked at me, his hands landing on my lower back, as I stared into those damn sexy green eyes. Then a vision of his own father standing over me, made me fall back in surprise. Matt caught me at the last second, and looked at me for a moment, scanning my face.

"Olive you okay?" He asked, now sounding worried. I nodded but he sighed. "I know you're not, but we can talk about that later, okay?" He said and I nodded. He helped me stand back up and he cocked his head at me, taking in my face. "You're so beautiful." He said so softly, I almost missed it. My heart skipped a beat and he moved his face closer to me, I was about to close the space between us when the front door jingled. I groaned in annoyance as I looked up to see Julie walking in. From the smirk on her face, I could tell she was glad she came when she did.

"Well hello." She said, smirking and there was a disgusted frown on my face. Matt sighed, letting go of me. She strutted past Matt and to the locker room. "Nice to see you back Matt." She said with a wink before walking into the locker room. I growled in annoyance and Matt looked at me in surprise.