Going Downhill

Shit.

Shit shit shit shit shit.

Holy fucking god damn shit.

Everything was going fantastic. That click was it. No I don't mean that there was a literal click in my head like 'oh what am I doing?'. I mean as in the click on a gun. The click that takes the safety off on a gun. As in someone was behind us, holding a gun, probably fully loaded and was holding it to our heads. I gulped and bit my lip. I felt my breathing quicken and Matt's body had stiffened. He slowly turned around, and I followed suit. His green eyes extremely dark, his eyes narrowed...and his gun? Pointed at my head.

"I warned you." Mr.Star said so calmly, I felt like I just wanted to hide and never have to stare into his cold eyes ever again.

"Dad?" Matt asked, shocked. "What are you doing?"

"I'm finishing what I started." He said, giving me a small grin, flashing those green eyes. Suddenly realization hit me.

"You were there." I whispered, barely loud enough to hear. An amused smirk spread on his face as he cocked his head slightly, looking almost happy.

"I'm sorry princess, I didn't hear that, mind repeating it?" He said, daring me to speak. But now I know.

"You we're there." I repeated, louder. "You we're there that day." I said, more definite this time.

"What day sweetheart? You'll have to be a little more descriptive." Mr.Star said without a hint of kindness in his voice.

"You were there when my father died." I said again and his smirk quirked a bit. It reminded me of Matt when he smirked. Except this smirk wasn't playful, it was accompanied with an evil glint in his dark depths of green in his eyes. Suddenly it all came back. On the news it said that everyone was dead besides one man. His name was Donovan Star. He had been hit in his right arm. My eyes scanned up Mr.Star's arm to find a small scar. My eyes widened. His smirk widened. "Did my father kill those people?" I asked slowly and suddenly Donovan Star's eyes narrowed at me.

"Well obviously. He was upset because his whore wife was insane and did all the men in the area. He found out that day, waited until you went to get some ice cream, and shot everyone in the room, then himself. I was lucky to make it out of there alive." He said, and I stood up suddenly.

"You're lying." I said and Matt got up, putting a hand on my shoulder, before turning me to face him.

"Olive my father wouldn't kill anyone. He just happened to be there." Matt said calmly and I frowned.

"Are you really taking his side? He just called my mom a whore! Oh and did you skip over the fact that he's holding a flipping gun to my head?!" I yelled at Matt and his eyebrows furred. He turned to his dad, letting go of his grip on my shoulders.

"Dad, don't you think a gun is a bit over the top?" He asked and his dad rolled his eyes.

"No I don't. Matthew, you may be my son but you aren't very bright." He spat and Matt's face went pale.

"What do you mean?" He asked and Donovan let out a groan.

"Matthew, I did it. That day when Olive's dad shot everyone?" He said slowly, like Matt was an idiot. Which honestly I was starting to believe. "I was mad. I had already made sure Mrs.Halls would over dose, by putting a fake label on it, telling her to take more pills then necessary. Then I came to that ice cream shop, wore gloves and shot everyone in there, shooting myself then shooting her dad in the head. I called the police, saying her dad did it." He said in such a low voice, I felt bile rise in my throat. "I locked her in the freezer, hoping she would die from the cold, obviously, that didn't work out." He said motioning to me. My eyes had widened and Matt looked taken back.