Opening up

In a matter of five minutes, Sarah was in front of me, with bags of chips and all sorts of candy and a big bowl of extra butter popcorn. We were sitting criss-cross on her couch, facing each other with the food between us.

"So spill!" She yells, stuffing her face with popcorn. I grin and grab some pretzel m&m's, popping one in my mouth and chewing thoughtfully.

"Well Matt was trying to catch up with me and it freaked me out because I heard him coming up from behind and it scared me. So me being my scardey-cat self I kinda sprayed him with pepper spray.." I trail off and look down sheepishly. It was silent for a moment before Sarah burst into a fit of laughter.

"You sprayed him with pepper spray? Oh man Olive you are hilarious." She says wiping nonexistent tears from her eyes.

"I had to take him to the hospital!" I say and Sarah chuckles.

"So why were you all blushing when you got here?" She asks, looking genuinely interested.

"Um...well you know how he's my boss?" I ask, pausing to see if she nodded, which she did. "He kinda um kissed me-" I was cut of by a high pitched squeal.

"HE KISSED YOU?!" She asked and I shook my head.

"No! He kissed my forehead. FOREHEAD." I exclaim, pointing to my forehead like the idiot I am while  Sarah sighs and shakes her head at me.

"But he kissed you!" She said excitedly and I rolled my eyes.

"Sarah he's my boss! He may have kissed me..ON THE FOREHEAD, and then called me Oli but-" I try to finish but Sarah once again cuts me off.

"HE GAVE YOU A NICKNAME!" She screamed. "Olive! He gave you a nickname and kissed you, kinda, sorta! This is big! I bet he's in to you! Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. This is amazing! You can date him and then not be so lonely-"

"Lonely?" I ask, raising an eyebrow and putting a hand on my hip. Sarah gives me an innocent look and I roll my eyes. We then settle into the couch to watch Disturbia. Mm. Shia Labeouf is amazing in this movie. It's like a horror, thriller, romance, and a comedy all in one! I swear. Best movie ever! I sighed as it finished. "Damn that movie never gets old. Right Sarah?" I ask and look over to see Sarah passed out, with half of a Twix bar in her hand. I chuckle and walk upstairs to get a glass of water. I poured a glass and as I was about to go back downstairs I heard a clearing of throat. I turned to see Cole. As in Sarah's older brother. I used to think he was extremely hot. I mean he still is with his dirty blond floppy hair and his light brown eyes but I couldn't help but compare him to Matt and find all of Cole's flaws.

"Olive." He says and looks me up and down.

"Hey Cole. It's been a while." I say and he nods.

"It has. You look different. Heard you got a new job. How's that goin'?" He asks, taking a chair and sitting on it backwards, facing me.

"Pretty good." I say leaving out Matt because I honestly don't know if I want to get into a conversation with him about that.

"Alright Olive, I'll cut to the chase. Who's this Matt guy?" He asks and my heart skips a beat when he say's Matt's name. Damn that's not good.

"He's uh my boss?" I try to say but it comes out as more of a question.

"Are you into him?" He asks me and I feel my face flush. "I'll take that as a yes." He says and I scratch the back of my head awkwardly. "Be careful around him Olive. Guys are only out for one thing." He says and I frown.

"Cole you turned me down a few years ago. Don't act like you care for me." I say and he raises his eyebrows.

"It's not about that Olive, and you know it. You're just being stubborn as usual." He says and I narrow my eyes, my mouth in a thin line.