I Quit

I was afraid. I had a reason to didn't I? I mean it's been five days. Five whole days. I haven't heard from Matt what-so-ever.  I've called Al- he says he has no clue. I called Dylan and he wasn't sure either. I called Dan and Ryan, hoping maybe they would know, but no such luck. Hell I even called Julie. She was pissed at me still but said she has no clue where he is. I checked work, and nothing. I couldn't stay at his apartment so I went and stayed with Sarah. She's been great through this. It's not like I don't know she still sneaks out at night to meet Dan but I can't be mad at her, she's always been there for me, she deserves some time to just her and her boyfriend.

I walked into the high school and slumped in my seat. It's been the same thing everyday, the continuous routine where I go to class and don't listen and then eventually find myself day dreaming or sleeping. I feel like a wreck. I mean this isn't my first break up. Wait. Breakup? Did we...oh god. I don't think I can ever think of that. Anyway it's not like my heart hasn't been broken before, but I handled those better. Matt was my everything. I know I sound like a love-obsessed puppy but he was there for me, he understood me. He told me he loved me. Where is he now? Now that I'm moving, where is he? I sigh and slump a little further down in my seat. I tug at my headphones so I can't hear anything around me anymore. I shut my eyes and think of how well the night had been going before he left. Everything seemed okay. As soon as I told him I was moving he just stiffened. His whole body went ragged.

"MS.HALLS." Someone screamed while yanking my perfectly positioned earphones out of my ears. I looked up at the person who in their right mind would mess with me, to find the teacher standing in front of me. She was a stout woman with a pointy nose and her hands on her hips. Seriously she could be a great witch for Halloween. She had her reading glasses toward the the end of the bridge of her nose as she looked at me like I was dirt.

"What do you want?" I snapped, and the shocked look on her face made it clear she didn't expect me to answer her like that.

"I want you to stop listening to music in my class and pay attention, and if not you can head to the office." She said as though that would faze me. Yeah fucking right. If I'm leaving here soon who gives a flying fuck what I do? I smirked as I stood up, towering over her 4'9" figure. She seemed startled and every eye in the classroom looked at us in anticipation. I could practically read all of their minds.

'What's she doing?'

'Oh shit she's going to get in trouble.'

'Hell yeah a distraction means no more listening to this boring old teacher!'

I couldn't remember the teacher's name but I shrugged. Why should I care? I could feel Sarah staring daggers into my back like "What the hell are you going".

"No." I say simply. The teacher seems confused as to what's going on, but quickly recovers as she puts on a stern face.

"No? I think you just earned yourself a detent-" She began but I cut her off.

"Um no. I think that you are not going to give me a damn detention because who are we kidding? We both know I'm not going anyway." I say and she just stands there, stunned. Before she could say something I began again. "So I'm going now." I say with a shrug as I grab my bag.

"Young lady you do not treat me like this!" She screamed after me. I spun on my heel and narrowed my eyes at her,

"I've been in this class all year, and I don't even know your name. You think that I'd give a crap about this class or any of the people sitting in here if I'm just going to be leaving it all behind. You think I care? Well you're dead wrong." I spat at her, leaving with a bang as I slammed the door behind me. I stomped past freshman who scattered to get out of my way as I walked out the side entrance and was getting in my car when I heard the slapping of feet on pavement. I looked up to see Dan. I frowned. I figured Sarah would come after me, not Dan. He caught up to me and began trying to control his breathing.