Just Another Day at Work

If I had to give you one word to describe how I was feeling as I walked through the doors of Pizza Star.... that word would be awkward. I walked straight to the locker room and began putting on my uniform. Then I heard some heels behind me. I craned my head and I saw Julie looking me up and down.

"Um hi?" I asked, not sure what to say considering Julie was just standing there, looking at me. Then she finally looked at me in the eyes I realized she was glaring at me.

"So you and Matt went on a date last night." Julie stated more than questioned.

"It was just dinner." I said as I began to tie my apron around my waist.

"Oh yeah?" She said narrowing her eyes at me. "I mean you already forced him on the date, I bet you couldn't keep your hands off him..." She mumbled something else that sounded like 'dirty whore' and my anger flared.

"Dirty whore? You're the one who's always unclothing Matt with your eyes." I spit at Julie.

"I bet that's what you were trying to do last night!" She countered and I rolled my eyes.

"At least I don't bleach my hair to out-do Barbie." I say and her mouth flies open in surprise. Hell yeah. You heard me! I thought with a big smirk on my face, and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah well maybe you haven't heard of this new thing. It's called a gym. You should go check it out some time." She says and grins as though she had one.

"I can understand why compared to you, I'm fat. I mean it's okay. Really. I heard eating disorders are very popular these days."

"Well at least I know that the uni brow look was never in." She says snootily.

"Very classy:visible thong and plumber's crack." I say and grin as her mouth drops and her eyes widen. I walked past her, making sure to hit her shoulder on the way out. Matt looks over at me from where he was behind the counter.

"What took you so long?" He asked and I chuckled at the thought of my verbal battle with Julie.

"Nothing. Nothing did. I did it at the same pace as always." I say and Matt rolls his eyes.

"You have tables 2,3,5 and 7." He says and I nod. For the first half of the day I did my job as usual. I didn't have anymore repeats of that guy the hit on me again but it was interesting. Once I got to lunch I walked outside and took a seat on a bench outside in the shade. I had grabbed a few slices of pizza before lying down on the table and stared at the sky, taking small bites of the pizza. There was a clearing of throat from my left and I turned my head to see Al. I smiled politely, and sat up.

"Hey Al." I say and scoot over so he can take a seat next to me. He smiled and took a seat next to me. "How are you?" I ask and he gave me another smile.

"Great. How are you liking your job?" He asked me and I took a bite of my pizza. I swallowed and nodded.

"I'm getting used to it." I say and Al chuckles.

"Is Julie giving you a hard time?" He asked and I nodded my head. "Never did like that girl. She doesn't know how to treat people. She'd rather jump a guys bones then get to know him." He says and I agree.

"Yeah, and she was trying to make me feel bad for having dinner with Matt." I say rolling my eyes.

"Well Matt's a good guy. I'd honestly rather have him date you then her." Al says and I felt a soft blush come on to my face. Al smiled at me and I returned it.

"Can I just ask why you stick up for Matt the whole time? I know he's your boss but he sounds like he's more to you than that." I say and Al smiles.

"I figured you'd ask that. His grandfather knew me and his grandfather used to take care of him because his father was too busy working. I began taking care of him and I've become more of the father figure then his own father. He respects me. It's too bad his father is so cruel. You'd think he'd care about his own kid." He says shaking his head in disgust.

"Wow I didn't know that." I say, finishing my lunch.

"How could you? Anyway I better get back in there. See you later Olive." He says and heads back inside Pizza Star. I check my phone and dump my trash in a garbage can and head back inside. I go put on my apron again and finish off my shift. When it's finally 8pm, I'm free to go. I begin walking to my car when I hear footsteps on the pavement . I turn around and grab the first thing that I have. I pull out pepper spray just as I sprayed it in Matt's face. My unoccupied hand flies to my mouth as I gaze at Matt as he groans in pain, holding his eyes in his hands.

"Ow Olive! Why the hell did you do that?!" He yells and I drop the bottle in my other hand and try to look at Matt's eyes which looked blood shot.

"Crap Matt. I didn't mean to!" I say and he shakes his head, trying to do something about the pain. I had originally been going to Sarah's house (Olive's best friend if anyone forgot) but now i was sitting in the Emergency room because Matt's eyes had to get flushed. When he finally came out the nurse handed him to me and told me I had to make sure he put in the eye drops about 2 times a day. He was only slightly awake. "Come on, I'll drive you back home." I say and Matt nods weakly. I get him in the passengers seat and then begin driving, realizing I have no clue where I'm going.

"Take your next left." Matt suddenly says and I nod. He gives me more directions until we finally pull up in front of a beautiful white mansion. My mouth fell open at the sight of it. "Close your mouth, you'll catch flies." He says and I shut my mouth. I got out and walked to his side, sliding my arm around his waist to help him to the door. He put his arm around my shoulder and I felt that familiar tingles run through my body. I walked him to the door and knocked on it. Matt raised an eyebrow at me and I gave him a questioning look.

"What?" I ask.

"So you're a door-knocker eh?" Matt asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Why does that matter?" I ask and Matt gives me a boyish grin.

"Well it's better to be a door knocker then a door-bell ringer." He says with a shrug and I give him a weird look.

"You do realize you don't even have a door bell for me to ring, right?" I ask and Matt shrugs.

"Still." He says and I roll my eyes. The door opens to a woman who looks to be in her late 50's. She gestures for him to come in and he takes off his shoes but turns back to me.

"You confuse me." I say, still thinking about our conversation that took place only seconds ago. He grins at me. He leans in, taking either side of my head in his hands and plants a small kiss on my forehead which I barely felt. I felt the familiar shocks in my body as usual and Matt smiles at me.

"Oli babe. That's the idea." Matt says. "See you Monday." He says with a small head nod as he closes the door softly. I'm still in shock from the fact that his lips kissing my forehead. My boss. My boss just kissed my forehead...that sounds weird. I walked, still dazed back to my car. I got in and drove right to Sarah's house. As soon as I knocked on the door she pulled me inside. She then dragged me to the basement and pushed me on the couch.

"WHERE. HAVE. YOU. BEEN." She yelled and I looked at her wide eyed.

"I had to um...go take care of Matt. "I say and Sarah's eyes widen.

"You, me, popcorn. Then you are telling me all about what happened and why you are blushing!" She said racing off, leaving me down stairs to stand there in confusion.

Ohhhh! Like the chapter? I hope so! I tried to make it long....well you know I tried to make it 3 pages because I seem to suck at making chapters any longer. Yeah I'm not good at that. I promise after Monday of next week I'll upload more often! Tell me what you thought though!

Do you like Julie?

I kinda doubt you would but you know..

Oh did you like their argument though? I have a special insult book....muhaha!!

Comment and Vote! Thanks! :)