How To Say What Needs To Be Said

(Recap)

"Yes but you've been in the hospital twice, I needed to come back." She said and I nodded in understanding. "I don't like the idea of you being so far away from me Olive." She says and I nod again.

"Yeah, I missed you Aunt Lisa." I say and she nods again.

"That's why I decided that you're moving out ot California with me."

I nod.

Wait...what?!

--------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------

If I had been drinking water at the moment Aunt Lisa had claimed we were moving to California then I think I would have spit it right out. My jaw had dropped and my eyes were wide.

"What?" I exclaim, and Aunt Lisa looks at me, confused.

"I'm saying you're moving to California with me. To make sure you don't end up in any more danger." Aunt Lisa says with a nod, as though it were that simple. Yeah. It's not that simple.

"But I have a job, and Sarah, and Matt..." I trail off, and it hit me. Matt. How will he take this? I mean I'm in the hospital one day from a panic attack and now...I'm moving? Does god hate me?

"You can get friends in California." She says and gets up. "I actually have a skype call with my manager so I have to head out." Aunt Lisa says while walking to the door. She stops halfway out the door before turning to me. "I'll give you a week." She says with a smile before walking out as Matt walks in. He gives me a curious look.

"A week for what?" He asks. Damn. I might as well be straight with him.

"Er until the milk goes bad in the refrigerator." I say quickly. So much for telling him straight up. Matt ignores that but sits on the side of my bed, giving me a warm smile.

"I was really worried about you baby." Matt said softly making warmth erupt inside of me. I bite my lip from saying how adorable he really is when he calls me 'baby'. 

"I'm sorry I worried you." I say honestly and he gives me a sad smile.

"I'm sorry I scared you. Was it anything I did?" Matt asked guiltily.

"I just had a flash of your father, I think it was from my nightmare." I say and he frowns.

"You had a nightmare? Why didn't you come to me?" He asked, taking my hand and looking at me carefully.

"I thought you didn't want to see me." I said, directing my gaze to anything but him in the room. He took my chin and forced me to meet his green orbs.

"I always want to see you." He said and I felt myself melt inside.

Hours later, I was at Sarah's house. We were surrounded with used tissues and random boxes of tissues littering the floor. There was an empty bucket of multi-flavored ice cream on Sarah's side table and we lay side by side on her bed. I could tell Sarah was trying to keep down her tears but to no avail. I felt the shaking next to me from her silent sobs. I didn't really know how to comfort her, because I was also crying. I had told Sarah about my Aunt's plans for moving me and we hadn't taken it so well. I got up, grabbing a glass of water and drank all of it, satisfying my parched throat. I came in and sat down next to Sarah. I took my pillow in my hands and hugged it, shutting my eyes. Tears filled the inside of my eyelids and I quickly blinked them away before glancing at Sarah. She was wiping away her tears and turning to me, still sniffling.