Girls Day, Guys at Night

"That is...ADORABLE!" My Aunt said wiping her eyes with a tissue. I laughed as Sarah sniffled and nodded in agreement from next to me.

"Isn't it? He's risking so much to be with you!" Sarah said, blowing her nose loudly into her tissue. I chuckled at them, but knew inside I was just as excited as them, probably more so. Then my phone vibrated in my pocket. I grinned as I took it out and saw Matt's name. "Oh my god that is him isn't it!" Sarah said, excitedly. Actually she was so excited, she began bouncing which caused her to meet the floor....unexpectedly. She let out a loud groan. I chuckled and opened my text message.

"He's taking me on a date tonight." I say, with a wild grin on my face. My Aunt squealed like a teenager and Sarah raised her head from where it was on the floor to look at me.

"Hey Olive, I love that you're hot secret boyfriend has just asked you out, but can you, I don't know, HELP ME UP!" She yelled and I laughed. My aunt took one arm while I took the other and we pulled Sarah too her feet. "Man this doesn't feel good..." Sarah murmured as she went to go get some ice for her head.

"Oh dear this is awesome! I can't believe he's doing this all for you!" My Aunt Lisa cooed. I grinned and Sarah walked back in the room holding a bag of ice to her face.

"I'll help you get ready." Sarah stated, but sounded a little weak from falling. My aunt and I chuckled at her, but I agreed."But you need new clothes because you are not looking like you don't own anything that's in season." Sarah snapped, pointing a finger in my direction which I chuckled at and nodded.

"Fine fine." I say and Sarah tells me we are going to drive to the mall to go pick something up for my date. We drive to the mall and walk inside, but decide we need some coffee so we head to Starbucks first. After Sarah orders she walks over to wait for her drink while I turn to order. "Hi could I have a grande caramel frappuccino with extra caramel and extra whipped cream?" I ask, digging through my purse for some money.

"Olive?" A deep voice asks and I look up to see Dan.

"Dan hey!" I say, smiling. I grab some money and put it on the counter and he rings me up.

"Mind waiting up for me after my shifts over? I have an hour or two but um I wanted to talk." He says and I grin and nod.

"I'm here shopping with my friend so I think I'll be here then." I say and nod and he grins.

"Alright I'll text you okay?" He asks and I nod.

"Sure thing, see ya Dan." I say and walk over to where Sarah is holding both of our drinks.

"What was that about?" She asks nodding her head in Dan's direction and I smile.

"That's Dan, remember the guy I told you about from the club." I say and Sarah nods approvingly, and we walk out of Starbucks to take a seat.

"You know I think Dan likes you." Sarah said out of nowhere.

"Why would you say that?" I ask frowning and Sarah sighs.

"He was staring at you when we left." Sarah says and my frown deepens.

"Well whatever." I say shrugging as I down the rest of my drink and Sarah and I walk into a small store where we begin looking through the various dresses. I found a black strapless dress that had multiple stripes below the waist and a black belt that connects at the waist. I grinned as I tried it on and did a quick twirl in it. Sarah grinned and nodded happily.

"That's what you are wearing tonight! Oh man it's adorable!" Sarah explained and I grinned happily, and paid. I had only brought 17 dollars because that was all I actually had for spending money at home. I payed for the dress which was luckily $16.50, so I only had 50 cents left but it was fine with me. I told Sarah I was going to go meet up with Dan now and she nodded, barely listening saying something about some hot guy she saw near the food court. Yep that's my Sarah. I walked over to where Dan was sitting and sat down.