A Little Secret

What's somebody like you, doing in a place like this?

Did you come alone?

Or did you bring all your friends?

Say whatcha name?

Whatcha drinking?

I think I know what your thinking

Baby what's your sign? Tell me yours, I'll tell you mine.

Say, what's somebody like you doin' in a place like this?

"I'LL NEVER BE THE SAME! IF WE EVER MEET AGAIN. WONT LET YOU GET AWAY! IF WE EVER MEET AGAIN! THIS FREE FALL, GOT ME SOLD. KISS ME ALL-NIGHT DON'T EVER LET ME GO. I'LL NEVER BE THE SAME! IF WE EVER MEET AGAIN!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, making sure to block out any noise from outside my door. Sarah has been banging on my door for hours now, and I chose to ignore her and blast music and sing as loud as my voice would let me without killing me. I sang Katy Perry's part as loud as I could, knowing for a fact that I was extremely off key. I heard more banging before it stopped and I sighed in relief. I think she finally gave up. I was singing along, finally glad to be alone when non-other than Sarah came barreling through my window. I pressed the volume button on my speakers, turning it down, looking at Sarah as though she was an idiot. Oh did I say like she was an idiot? I meant staring at her because she was such an idiot.

"What the fuck Sarah?" I said, sitting up and looking at her face. She got up and walked over to my head whacking me in the head. "Ow dude, what the hell is wrong with you?" I say, rubbing my head where she hit me.

"You haven't let me in! I needed to go to drastic measures and sneak in through your window." Sarah said and I glared at her. 

"You call that 'sneaking'?" I asked and Sarah shrugged. I got up and unlocked my door and opening it. "Well you saw me, and it was a great time really. Now it's time to say bye." I said gesturing for her to leave. She frowned and shook her head stubbornly, crossing her arms over her chest. I sighed and shut the door.

"Okay so I have this idea-" Sarah begin before I cut her off.

"No." I say, not even letting her continue with what she was going to say. "No way Sarah."

"Come on Olive. Matt could be the one! You can't just give up." She tried to persuade me but I shook my head letting out a groan, covering my face in my hands.

"Sarah it's over. His dad threatened to get us in jail. We can't do anything more. It's time to give up. Time to move on." I say and Sarah's eyes drift to the floor. There's a beat of silence before Sarah bursts into tears. Wait what? Why is she crying? Shouldn't I be the one crying? "Whoa Sarah!" I say running to her side and trying to get her to look at me. "Sarah, why are you crying?" I ask, suddenly very frightened. Sarah is a fearless girl. Barely anything can shake her composure. So seeing her just lose it for no apparent reason certainly got me to my feet.

"You an-and Ma-Matt!" Sarah wails, putting her head in her hands. "Y-you t-two are s-so g-good for each other!" She yells, tears streaming down her face. "I-if y-you two can't w-work out, t-then t-there's no h-hope for m-me!" She sobs loudly, causing my Aunt to burst in the room.

"I heard crying! Who needs tissues and cookies?" She asks and Sarah and I raise our hands. Aunt Lisa sighs and gives the tissues to Sarah while handing me a plate of cookies. I set it between us, chewing the soft chocolate chip cookie. That's mostly what we did all day. We sat side by side, watching chick flicks, stuffing our faces and crying. "Can I sleepover Olive?" Sarah asks me and I nod eagerly.

"Do you really think I could stay in this house, without my best friend to talk to?" I ask.

"WHAT AM I CHOPPED LIVER?!" I heard my Aunt yell up the stairs and Sarah and I stifled our laughter. I hooked up my extremely old PlayStation and we began playing my old James Bond video game I used to play a ton as a kid. Basically the main point of the game was to get the others flag on the other team and to protect your flag. I was, at the moment riding over to Sarah's castle thing that held her flag. I ran into the castle, shooting one of the random players on her team. I ran up to very top and grabbed the flag, and rode back to my building, and placing her flag next to mine.