16.| Midnight Talk

Your POV

As night fallen, we all headed into our rooms. The 4 of us were very tired today, because of 1. We had to much fun, 2. It was our first day here, so a lot of exploring were involved. The 3 of them had already fallen asleep, but for some reason, I couldn't. Maybe because this isn't my bed that I usually sleep in... or maybe the fact that I and Ling Chao are dating now... but something doesn't feel right.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard someone in our room snore. I sat up on my bed and sighed, rubbing my head a bit.

Again. I head someone snore. I turned my head over to Yorong and LouLou's bunk and rolled my eyes.

"Aha... LouLou.. why?" She was the one who was snoring. I guess she really had fun today.

I really couldn't sleep. So I decided to go out for a bit of fresh air and calming nature sounds. Y'know?

Indeed it was very calming and fresh. Hearing the crickets, the water from the lake slowly streaming down. It was very much soothing. I closed my eyes a bit, relaxing and just listening to everything.

When suddenly...

"Hey."

"Jesus-"

"Shhh. You don't want to wake up the whole cabin do you?" Fan ChengCheng said as he covered my mouth with his hand.

I swatted it away and rolled my eyes. "Didn't anyone tell you that sneaking up on people is rude?" I barked. He didn't answer but slumped down beside me.

"Why are you out here?" He asked.

"I couldn't sleep. Why are you out here?"

"I heard something, so I opened the door a bit, and saw a shadow. My curiosity then made me follow it, and it turned out to be you."

"Huh. Well anyways. Since it's nothing. You can head back to bed." I said. But he didn't move.

"And what are you going to do?" He said back. I leaned back a bit and shrugged. "I might just stay out here. Don't worry about me."

"Nah. I'll stay out here and keep you company."

"I never asked you to."

"No, you didn't. I asked myself to." I rolled my eyes at his answer. Why does he have to be so annoying?

"Look. I want nothing from you Fan ChengCheng. So please leave me alone."

"Jeez. Why are you so moody- are you on your peri-" I quickly covered his mouth and glared him.

"Another word. And your dead to me." I warned as I removed my hand. He then wiped his mouth, as if my hand was dirty.

"Still. You haven't answered why you're pissed at me."

"I feel like you should know. Since your the one who caused it." Again. He was clueless.

Does he has amnesia?!

"Ugh. You lied your way out of that photo of me and you at jiejie's engagement party. Remember now dumbass?"

ChengCheng scratched the nape of his neck. "R-Right... about that. I'm SUPER DUPER sorr-"

I raise my hand, stopping him from taking. "Stop. Let bygones be bygones. I don't want to talk about it."

The two of us stayed quiet. And I preferred it that way. If we both stay quiet, we won't be bickering or what not.

"I saw you and Ling Chao today..." He suddenly brought up. "Oh. Did you. And?" I asked emotionlessly. "I saw you both kiss... does that mean-"

"We're dating? Yeah. We are." ChengCheng just lets out an 'oh'. It kinda sounds like he's disappointed. But maybe because it's late and I'm tired, my hearing might be a tad off.

"So how are you and Seohyun doing?" He snickers a bit. "She's a bitch."

I burst out laughing at his answer. "Pffff!! Haha!! Wow. You now realized that? Don't you think you're a bit late?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Shut up." But I didn't. I continue to tease him and mess around. Pissing him off even more. "Awe. Poor Fan ChengCheng. I once remember a little boy saying "You don't know her like I do" what happened to that? Hm?"

"Screw you."

"Tch. Aren't you guys a sight for sore eyes... not."

"Look, people change! So, she did as well." I began to laugh sarcastically. "Ha. Ha. Stop bullshitting your way through this. Stop being so stubborn, you know I was right all along."

ChengCheng stayed silent. Something I had suspected to happen after I confronted him.

"You'll get over it. It's not like she was this special girl or something." I said before getting up and messing up his hair. "Well. I'm going to bed. I hope the bed bugs eat you alive."

"Hah. Very funny Yuejia." He mumbles. After that, I headed into the cabin and into my room. This time. I was much more tired and sleepy. Probably because ChengCheng pissed me off and plus the sound of nature was quite nice.

I fell asleep in a matter of minutes...

__________

ChengCheng's POV

"You'll get over it. It's not like she was this special girl or something."

That sentence kept replaying in my head.

"You'll get over it. It's not like she was some special girl or something... huh. You right. She wasn't. But you were Yuejia." I whispered to myself while I was playing around with a twig.

I checked the watch on my wrist to see what time it was, only to find out that it's 2 in the morning.

"Great... I have to wake up at 7 tomorrow... aha, well! I should get to sleep."

I walked to my room when I stopped right at the door and turned my head to Yuejia's room.

"I guess she's already asleep."

When I got under my blanket, the thought of that day at jiejie's engagement party flashed in my mind.

Seohyun wanted to go, and probably to get status for herself ... but I never imagined myself taking her as my date. But I saw Yuejia instead.

"Aha... Fan ChengCheng-ah. Go to sleep... stop tossing and turning... or else I go over there... and beat you... beat you up." I turned my head a bit to see Zhengting-ge complaining to me as he snuggled up to his pillow. I slide down into my bed and chuckled mischievously.

I guess I really have to now.

Though... the thought of tomorrow was kinda dreadful... the thought of Ling Chao and Yuejia together bothers me...

Maybe a little bit too much.

-

-

-

-

-

Hello Jennings!!!

MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!!

LOL... I honestly idk tooo..... sorry...

Thank you for 200 followers!!!

I LOVE YOUUUUUU ALL VERYY VERYYYY MUCH!!!

PS. The next chapter will be quite interesting!!!

VOTE/COMMENT!!

-Jennie<3