29.| Watching Her From Afar

ChengCheng's POV

After that confession- talk, we had. I went home frustrated and angry. It also happens that jiejie was home so she saw me having a breakdown. I through my backpack on the couch, which also happens jiejie was sitting. But I was too angry to notice. I ran upstairs to my room and slammed the door closed, seeing the shelves shake a bit. I sat on my bed with my head in my hands when jiejie burst into my room with a slightly pissed off and concern look.

She asked me what happened and I explained to her how Yuejia rejected me. Even though she felt the same way I did.

"Aiya... My little brother. Yuejia is doing what's best."

"How?! We both still like each... then why can't we be with together?" At the moment. I sounded really childish. I genuinely really didn't understand the meaning behind it.

"ChengCheng-ah... I think the reason why she doesn't want to date you because she's not committed." Jiejie reasoned.

Committed...

"What do mean?"

"Well... you told me that her mama want's her to get a good career. I bet Yuejia wanted that her first priority. If that's the case, then she won't have the time to be with you..." When jiejie finished. Everything made sense. "ChengCheng-ah. What's the point of dating, when you don't have the time for each other. You know how hard it is to keep a relationship. Look at me, it took me a long time before I was financially stable before I started to date. I believe that is what Yuejia is doing."

After jiejie opened my eyes. I only stood by and watched Yuejia from afar.

It reminded me of when we were still crushing on each other. When I was courting her...

Aha. Life was simple and innocent back then. But now. It's so complicated. 

But I will admit. Doing this all over again gives me a sense of thrill. How I sneak around and hide just to admire her from afar... aha. I'm so weird sometimes...

"ChengCheng-ge. Are you trying out of basketball this year?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Justin, who repeated his question. I shrugged my shoulders in return. 

If I do, then I would have to spend most of my time practising. 

"I-I'm still unsure. I don't think I will." 

"I think you should." Yuejia who was sitting on my left side spoke up. If you don't remember, I and Yuejia still sit together in class. 

"Yes! Thank you Yuejia! See, even she thinks you should try-out!!!" Justin expresses, clapping his hands twice.

A small smile spreads across my face. "Okay. I'll try-out."

While Justin, Ruibin, and the rest were cheering their asses off, I took a peek over to Yuejia and saw her smiling secretly.  

 Aiya... she's so adorable sometimes.

__________

"Okay! Shoot!" 

Our coach yelled. There were about 30 of us trying out. I believe that I could make it out of the 30.

Once try-outs were over, I headed home with Justin and Zhengting-ge.

"Ei. How did you think you did?" Zhengting-ge asked, wrapping his arm around my neck. 

"I think I'll make it. I made it the past 2 years already, so this won't be hard." I said confidently with a smirk.

"Jeez, this kid. If you were so confident, why isn't Zhen Yuejia dating you?"

I stopped walking while I saw how Zhengting-ge's expression on his face change.

"E-Ei... I-I didn't mean it like that."

"Nono. It's fine."  I said walking ahead of them, putting my hands in my pockets, while they caught up to me.

"ChengCheng-ah, your not mad are you?" I heard Zhengting-ge ask.

"No...not at all. Just the fact that you teased me about Yuejia is kinda bothering me. Other than that. All is well."

"Aha!! I'm sorry!! Forgive me. It just slipped out of my mouth." 

I swatted my hand back and forth. "I know, I know. Forget it. It's not like your wrong..."

"Speaking about her... are you going to court someone else now?"

"OF COURSE NOT!" I yelled in defence. "I will give her time... besides. I'm just in high school. I don't have to rush."

"Good point," Justin added.

 The rest of the way back to my house, I was thinking about something, while those two were screaming over my sister.

I was thinking about... about how long will I have to wait. Or... am I willing to wait that long.

-

-

-

-

-

Hello Jennings!!!

A LATE UPDATE!! omg... it's like 1 am for me rn. LOL.

ChengCheng and basketball... omg so hot.

Look forward to the next chapter!!

I'm also updating Zheng Ruibin next! And happy belated birthday to him!!

VOTE/COMMENT!!

-Jennie<3