48.| He's Here To Stay

Your POV

The following week came. I stopped by LouLou's restaurant and saw her running around, being an amazing owner she is.

"My baby!! What are you doing here? Don't you have work?" LouLou greets me while wrapping an arm around my shoulder while I shook my head.

"Something happened, I think it's a meeting, so they cancelled it. So here I am. Now feed me. I'm starving." I sarcastically cried.

LouLou patted my head and nodded. "Hm! Don't worry. I'll feed you." She then went into the kitchen and came out for some gourmet Chinese cuisine.

"Hmm~! Thank you jiejie." I say sweetly. She then flicked my forehead.

"Stop sweet talking me. You never call me 'jiejie'. Now eat up."

I ate. And we all talked, gossiped. Like any other person would. Until I got a text message from Yangyang.

"Hm! I gotta go." I say, quickly getting up.

"Hey! Where are you going?" LouLou yells while I didn't bother to turn back but just wave my hand in the air.

I headed to my company with my headphones in my ear. Listening to Jay Chou. By the time I got to the company. I had heard some laughter, and people mumbling faintly through the walls. I knocked on the door of the meeting room before opening it myself.

When I stepped foot in. I saw a face that I thought I would never see in this building.

Fan ChengCheng...

"Zhen Yuejia. Good your here." My boss greets me. I smiled back and nodded my head.

"Yes, sir. What is this all about and how should I help?" I managed to speak without stuttering.

"Ms. Zhen. I haven't introduced you yet to our new business partners." He starts. "This is Fan ChengCheng. He is involved in our new project. Zhen Yuejia is one of the best in our companies, that is why I know she will take care of this project well."

"Zhen Yuejia. Nice to see you again." ChengCheng says, making my boss raise one of his brows.

"You two know each other?" My boss asks.

ChengCheng smiled back and says, "We both attended the same high school and the same class. So we won't have a hard time getting to know each other."

I gritted my teeth slightly.

What is he doing?!

"N-Nice to see you again, Fan ChengCheng. I'm looking forward to working with you." I extended my hand out. He gladly shook it back as we both faked our smiles and gratitude.

"Likewise, Zhen Yuejia."

I then adverted my eyes over to YangYang. He purses his lips and secretly shrugs his shoulders. I then look away and pretended that everything was fine and normal. 

"Well, then. Since we are done here. Zhen Yuejia. Do you mind showing Fan ChengCheng to his new office?"

Which then, alarms in my head started going off. 

"S-Sir. If you don't mind me asking. Why is he getting an office here? He's just a business partner isn't he?"

My boss nodded and answers back. "Yes. But he went out of his way to ask for an office, so he could work harder alongside you." 

At that moment. I was lost. I had no idea what he plan was, but I didn't like one little bit of it.

"Hm. Fan ChengCheng. If you don't mind following me, I will show you to your office."