40.| Never Forgotten

Third Person POV

5 Years later.

5 years... long time right? That's half a decade.

Many things can happen in 5 years...

For Yuejia. She went to Peking University. One of the best and most well known. She decided to go into business. Particularly financing.

She even got into an amazing company! All that hard work paid off. Her mama finally moved out of that rural area and into a small house in Beijing. Yuejia now makes a lot of money. She is also loved and has earned the respect of many people.

But... let's go back in time for a little bit. Let's go back 5 years ago.

After ChengCheng left Yuejia for America. You could say she was heartbroken... she also blamed herself too. She wondered if she had taken back ChengCheng sooner if things would be different.

She did cry. But not as much as when they broke up the first time. She was stronger this time.

LouLou, Jiang, and Yorong were still right by her side. Even though they all went to different universities, they moved into a slightly bigger house that now can fit more than 2 people.

As for the boys. They live right next door.

Yeah.

You could say it's goals... but on the other hand, you could say it's a pain in the ass. Why? Because there are more than 4 boys in that house, there is 8! Sometimes 15. But most of the time, it's 8.

And 8 lazy boys... imagine the amount of odour that accumulates. Plus there always yelling about nonsense.

But... it was nice having them around. Her group. They're her family. So, as much as she finds them annoying, they are the people who have always been there for her.

Yorong and Jiang pursued into engineering, which... yes, they would make millions. While LouLou didn't go to university but decided to open a restaurant. Then let's talk about the boys. Most of them took over their family company or joined one. Yuejia actually works along with Ruibin and Yanjun.

But some of them pursued other things, like acting, singing, or producing.

Now... let's talk about the only person you haven't heard yet. Fan ChengCheng.

Yuejia hasn't heard from him after that day. But she still hears the boys talking about him, how he's doing great in America. He is also in business. But a CEO for his families company.

Justin and Zhengting would always stay updated with him on social media. But Yuejia sadly deleted all of her old ones and made new ones. She wanted a clean start and that's what she got.

Though... ChengCheng, he has been wanting to come back to China for a good 2 years now. His sister can also go back to being an actor, but his parents still don't want him to go back to China. He infuriates him why they just don't tell him why.

Truthfully. ChengCheng hasn't forgotten about Yuejia. Not a single day goes by when he doesn't think about her. They're not all the same... sometimes he would be doing the dishes, and he would suddenly think about her. Or when he sitting in his office, he would think about what she doing right now. Zhengting and the rest never really brought up Yuejia whenever they're talking to ChengCheng, but deep down. He wishes they do.

Lastly... Ling Chao. Still, haven't heard from him in five years. Yuejia still is waiting for his debut as an idol.

"Hey. Yuejia." Yorong called.

"What's up?" Yuejia answers back, looking away from my files.

"Um... Yanjun asked me if we could just...-"

"Spill it Yorong." Jiang cut in.

"Can I spend my birthday with Yanjun this year? And us only?..." 

Yuejia and Jiang looked at each other first before adverting their eyes over to Yorong who was standing there, waiting for their answers. 

Yuejia rolled her eyes and swatted her hand. "I'm fine with it. Your 22 now. Do whatever you want." 

Jiang didn't say anything but just went along with it. 

Yuejia's phone then vibrated. She lifts up the screen to face her and instantly smiles but went back to her normal face. 

Why? Well... All I can say is. She's hiding something.

__________

ChengCheng's POV

I want to come home...

I miss the food in China, I miss my friends, brothers... Her.

I tried my best to forget her... and I really did! But still... everything I do, she keeps coming back to me.

I tried talking to some of the girls here, but they're never as good or as perfect compared to Yuejia. I never officially dated any of those girls, I just text them and see if they would click with me. They never do.

"ChengCheng-ah. What are you thinking about?" I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled at mama.

"Nothing. Did you eat yet?"

"No, not yet. I was waiting for you."

I smiled at her and nod. "Let's go eat?"

When mama and I sat down and began to eat, she coughed awkwardly, catching my attention. 

I placed down my chopsticks and looked at her with curious eyes. "What is it, mama?"

"Your baba has this business meeting with the Ji Groups in Beijing this weekend. He was planning on going, but he decided that you should go."

My ears perked up of the thought of heading back to China.

"Really?"

"Yes. But the business meeting is only for 3 days. You're leaving tomorrow." She then hands me a plane ticket with a smile. 

"Thank you..."

When I finished eating, I ran upstairs and began to pack. But I didn't think about the business meeting or whatever. All I could think of is seeing Yuejia again...

Maybe this time. I can make it right- we can make it right.

I texted the boys and yes. Our group chat blew up.

-TEXT-

Brothers!! 

Guys!!! I'm coming back to Beijing tomorrow!!←

SuperNong :)
DUDE!! NO WAY!! WHAT TIME?!

J.Huang 
→OUR BOY IS COMING HOME!!

KunKun
→MY BOY!!

MamaZhu
→MY CHILD

I'm landing at 3!←

Better pick me up!←

B.O.O.G.I.E
→EYY!! Definitely!!

I smiled brightly when I saw the responses from them. I'm glad that they are all excited to see me.

"I'm coming home!"

-

-

-

-

-

Hello Jennings!!

OUR BOY IS COMING HOME!!

What would Yuejia think of when she sees him again?

Or!! what do you think she's hiding?

Thank you for reading!!

VOTE/COMMENT!!

-Jae<3