6

Taehyung is confused by the genie's words

Taehyung is confused by the genie's words. He thought he made him as human as possible. And humans get just snip with their fingers and a menu like that appears. You have to have at least decent cooking skills, which Taehyung definitely lacks.

'But...But how?' he murmurs quietly barely audible. Jungkook smiles 'Youwished as human as possible but it's the power of a genie to even fulfill my wishes without a limit.' Jungkook is happy about this without this trait he would be lost. Definitely.

'Anything?Limitless? Forever?' Taehyung half-shouted. When his assumption is true he will be mad at the genie. He just brought him tons of clothes and way too many sweets. His bank account is practically bleeding.

Jungkookshakes his head and shows up 3 fingers. He starts counting 'There are3 rules. Number 1 is that it isn't allowed to affect a human directly.'

'So you can't kill someone, even if you wish?' Taehyung asks now curious.

Jungkookshakes his head in response. He coughs slightly and opens his mouth.' The second rule is that we have to disappear after the third wish from the human and have to head back to the magic lamp and wait until someone else rubs it again. You are not able to let a genie appear a second time.'

Taehyungis amazed by those strict rules. All the time he thought Jungkook is just a weirdo who magically happened between earth and space and messes with the human. He can't imagine that there are other genies who have to follow the rules.

'So..'Taehyung gulps ' What's the last rule?'. He can't hide his excitement in his voice because it was truly nerve-racking.

Jungkook'seyes become watery and shine brightly under the dimmed light in the room. He gulps and the tension between them becomes uncomfortable. Jungkook starts avoiding eye contact and whispers barely audible' Third rule: never fall in love with a human'.

Taehyungis caught off guard. There was really a rule for that? Do things like that really happen? He bites his lips to suppress his urge to askJungkook.

Heis obviously not in the mood to talk about that topic. It seems like that Jungkook himself already made some experience with that rule. To not press further he just nods and sits down.

'Come on. Let's eat' he says with a smile, already forgetting to be mad at the genie for using his money so shamelessly.

After dinner

'That was actually really delicious' Taehyungs sighs in content and rubs his belly. It was the first homemade meal in a while and he was pretty glad that Jungkook will cook for him from now one.

Jungkook gives him a relieved smile and stands up to clean the plates.

'We clean that shit tomorrow. Let's get some sleep' Taehyung suggests and is glad that Jungkook willings in. The genie is most of the time really stubborn and is always complaining. Now he's following Taehyung's orders and he is glad he does. Because Taehyung is way too tired to argue now.

WhenTaehyung jumps in his bed and is in a comfortable position he fell asleep in just a matter of seconds. It was a hard day and there were many things he has to process. The fact that he's living with a genie from now on until he wants to get his third wish fulfilled.

Other people might wish a lot of money and endless health but Taehyungisn't like the others. He wants to solve his life how it's predicted.
So he is unsure what to do with his wishes and how to use them meaningfully. There are still two left and he will use them when the time has come.

Jungkook, on the other hand, is far away from sleeping. He lays on the couch with sprawled legs and a deep frown on his face. He is still affected by the talk to Taehyung before dinner. He thinks about other humans. Especially him, Jin. He broke the most important rule of a genie and actually fell in love with a human.

It was about 10 years ago when Jin touched the magic lamp in a museum. He was curious and gave a damn of the 'please don't touch' sign in the museum. He was an angel for Jungkook. He made his living with a human worthy and he believed that maybe, just maybe he could stay. They talked and laughed about the stupidest stuff in the world and were carefree.

But things changed because after a few months Jin lost his job and his life went downwards. He fell into depressions and even Jungkookcouldn't help him anymore. So Jungkook wanted to help him and sacrificed himself for Jin's health. He managed to convince Jin to mention his last wish.

He wanted Jin to be healthy and happy and that he would get all the luck he deserved and end up happy with a family and a job without money problems or other things like that. He wouldn't be stuck with a genie he has to hide all day. Plus he would forget about Jungkook. That he had ever loved him. That's a side effect from mentioning the last wish, that the current 'owner' of a genie forgets about their existence. And so did the love of his life, the only person who ever understood him.

The thought of Jin makes Jungkook so sad that a tear escapes his eye. He was afraid to see the world again because the imagination of an incident like that scares the shit out of him. Even though he can imagine to ever love again. The scars of his last relationship are too deep.

After a while, Jungkook managed to fall asleep but he knows he has to stay away from Taehyung. This guy is a crackhead. And there's no way the two will end up being friends. They are way too different, from the talks they had Jungkook can tell. Jungkook has to avoid any chance of them ever fall in love.

Tomorrow he'll try everything to make him wish anything so he could disappear as soon as possible. Maybe something that will kill him. It's nothing he necessarily wish for but it will help him.

And hopefully forever