27

And in a matter of seconds, his eyes fall shut

And in a matter of seconds, his eyes fall shut. He's in Jungkooks arms. Jungkook is spooning him.

The next morning Taehyung wakes up with an arm around his waist.
He slowly opens his eyes when he had realized it. After a couple of minutes dozing in Jungkook's embrace, the realization hits him.

He is in Jungkook's arms, they slept together in a bed, for a whole freaking night. He tries to wiggle out of Jungkook's strong grip but he can't.
Jungkook has much more muscles and it's nearly impossible for him to get out of the hospital bed.

So Taehyung starts to tickle Jungkook. The genie hates tickles because he's really weak for it. So after a few seconds, Jungkook's eyes shot open and he starts laughing.

'Taeee what are you doing stoppp it!' He groans between laughers. Taehyungs heart starts melting at the nickname. 'Wake up Idiot. You get dismissed today. We can finally go home!' he cheerfully tells Jungkook who just now realizes that he can go home today, to Taehyung.

So he let go of Taehyung and jumps out of the bed, obviously unbothered that just a few minutes ago they were cuddled up together in a blanket on the same mattress.

While Taehyung watches Jungkook with full amazement the genie grabs his clothes which Taehyung gave him during the time Jungkook stayed at the hospital.

Jungkook's voice wakes Taehyung up out of his daze. 'Come on! Let's get going!' The genie says while he gestures Taehyung to get out of the room.

On their way home

'Mhh didn't change much' Jungkook states looking out of the large window of the bus. Taehyung is sitting next to him, nervously fiddling with his fingers. 'Mhhh what?' Taehyung asks who is now searching for what Jungkook is looking at.
'Everything. The town is still the same. The streets, the cars, people.' Jungkook explains Taehyung who furrows his brows.

'What did you expect? A zombie apocalypse where everyone is dead and following us and we have to escape through burning houses?' Taehyung seriously asks. He doesn't quite understand what the genie means. A slight smile creeps up Jungkook's face and he starts to chuckle.
'No you idiot. I thought you are studying some psychological shit. Think about what I am saying' he demands Taehyung and smacks his head.

The two of them start to laugh, loud on the bus in front of strangers. Many of them watch them with a weirded out impressions but the two just don't care. They are in their small bubble, isolated from the rest of the world. Eventually their laughter died and they just stare at each other. Then Taehyung takes all his courage and leans in. Jungkook's eyes widen and a heated feeling rise up in his body because of their proximity.

'I still don't get what you meant. But for me something did change.' he whispers in the genie's ear.
'I have my best friend back' he adds and distances himself a few centimeters from Jungkook's face.

A frown is plastered on Jungkook's face but when he realizes that Taehyung watches him intensively he plasters a smile on his face. 'Yeah, best friend' he breathes out. It sounds strange in Jungkook's ears. The two of them share many more aspects of a usual friend. Even than a best friend.

When Jin told him how Taehyung looked at him and that the two of them share a special bonding he figured that maybe, just maybe they are more. The first time he felt it was after the party in Taehyung's apartment. When the two them were cuddled up in the bathroom because of Taehyung's mental breakdown.

It was the first time that he was glad he met him. Because Taehyung is refreshing, cute and stubborn. And many things more which really defines him. Jungkook really considered that Taehyung could make him forget Jin. But shortly after he realized that even when he would forget Jin he couldn't forget Taehyung.

So he chooses that distance between them would make Taehyung waste his wishes and Jungkook would just disappear. But that's not how Taehyung's brain works. That's not the Taehyung he...

He...

He...

Kind of...

Likes.

'What are you thinking about?' Taehyung asks curiosity written on his face.