11. High Note

It's night time and I told Harry that I should be heading home now. I said I could organise a lift home because I didn't want to bother him and he told me don't be silly and that he is happy to give me a lift home.

We just arrived at Rebecca's place and the lights are off inside which tells me that she isn't home. I'd be shocked if she was to be honest.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and twist my body so that I am facing Harry. "Thanks for today, I had fun."

"Me too."

Then there's nothing but silence. But it's not un uncomfortable silence. Harry makes the first move by leaning forwards. I freeze in place and don't move a single muscle in my body because I don't know why he is leaning forwards.

As if he knows how he is making me feel, he moves his lips closer to my lips and as his lips brush ever so gently against mine, he quickly moves his face to the left and kisses my cheek. He then moves back to his normal position in his seat with a smug grin on his face. "Sleep well."

I push at his chest. "You're such a tease."

Harry laughs at me. "How so?" 

He knows exactly how so. Although he is being a tease, I also grow even more respect from him because he has had numerous opportunities to kiss me today but he hasn't yet. He is either backing out last minute because he is repulsed by me or like I expected, Rebecca was wrong and he isn't a player. 

I smile at him. "Goodnight Harry."

Then he leans forwards to hug me and I hug him back. 

I haven't seen Harry in seven years an suddenly I'm seeing him almost everyday. I guess we're catching up on lost time and I am definitely not complaining about it. He is one of the most genuine people I have hung out with.

Not to mention he makes me laugh so much and he is so easy to get along with.

Oh, and he is ridiculously good looking. I could never get tired of staring at him. Wow, that sounds so creepy. 

"You said you go away on tour again next week. Are you free to hang out again before then?" I ask him.

"I'm free all day tomorrow. Niall and Zayn are coming over in the afternoon. But other than that I'm free. Oh, and I have to take my car to the car wash."

"I'll be in the studio tomorrow morning but that's a 5am start and I will be done by 9:30-10ish."

"Alright, want to come to my place after that then?"

"Sounds good to me."

"I'll text you before then."

I nod. "Good." I lean in and hug him again before opening my door. "Goodnight Harry."

"Sleep well Hailey."

*

My alarm goes off at 4:30am and I immediately groan in response. "Just five more minutes" I mumble to myself and hit the snooze button on my phone.

I close my eyes and the pain from opening them previously, slowly fades away. It feels like I literally just closed my eyes and already my alarm is going off again.

There's no way that was ten minutes. It felt like ten seconds. This time I fight all the protests I keep telling myself and actually get up.

Putting on my robe that is on the edge of my bed, I slip on my socks and walk downstairs as quietly as I can so that I don't wake Rebecca up.

When I reach the lower level of the two story house, I see that there are is someone sleeping on the lounge. Their face is unrecognisable because their long, jet black hair is sprawled all over it. I do know that it is a girl though.