13. Shammy

"You distracted me Hailey" Harry says to me as he takes the seat beside me on the lounge. I look up at him and raise my left brow, which makes him continue speaking. "I was supposed to go take my car through the car wash today. It will be dark soon so it won't dry quick enough."

"Don't you shammy it off after it goes through the car wash?"

"Don't I what?"

"Shammy it. It's the thin rubbery thing you wipe your car over with and it absorbs the water and leaves your car shiny as hell." He looks so confused. "I swear people here and where you're from call it a shammy too. Unless you have another name for it but here I'll show you." I google a car shammy and show Harry a picture of it.

"I've never seen or heard of that in my entire life."

I sigh. "Well it could potentially be your life saver."

Harry laughs. "Alright."

"So when are you going to wash your car then if you can't do it today?"

He thinks to himself momentarily. "Well I can't do tomorrow. I have rehearsals and meetings all day the following day. I guess it'll have to be three days from now."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"You said I distracted you and if I weren't here then you would have had the time to clean your car."

Harry shrugs. "Good thing I like spending time with you then, right?"

I smile. "You do?"

He furrows his brows together and presses his lips into a thin line. What's he thinking about? "You sound surprised that I like spending time with you."

"Yeah, it's just... never mind." Rebecca doesn't personally know Harry so what she said about him the other day is obviously not true.

Harry takes my hand that was resting on my cheek and he squeezes it. "Tell me." He says softly. I don't want to tell him though because I don't want him to get mad at me or hurt his feelings. But I also don't want to keep it from him because I know that if the roles were reversed I would want him to tell me what he's thinking."

"So one of my friends told me that you..." how do I say this in the most polite way? I scrunch my nose before I say the unkind words. "That you're a bit of a player and you don't really hang out with girls for any other reason but to sleep with them."

Harry closes his eyes and looks away from me. He opens his eyes and exhales through his mouth, the noise sounding like the wind.

"I'm really sorry Harry I didn't-"

"And you believe that?" He finally looks at me as he awaits my answer.

"No, of course not. Well you've hung out with me numerous times now without any of that which clearly proves to me that you aren't like that."

"What if I was?"

"Huh?"

Now I am getting confused.

"What if I was like that?"

"Then I'd slap you across the face and leave." His eyes widen when the words leave my mouth and I start laughing. "I'm kidding Harry, relax!" I put my hand on his shoulder and shake him until he wipes the frown off his face.

"I don't base my opinion of people from what others have told me about them. I guess I was a little hesitant before because of what she told me but I enjoy hanging out with you. I don't know you that well but from what I've uncovered is that you are so kind, genuine and extremely cheeky."