23. Vegas

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" Zara, my bassist announces as we all hold up our wine glasses.

Yes, I'm actually drinking for once but one wine only. Maybe two.

"I'll cheers to that" Ed shouts as he is the first to bring the glass to his mouth. After that we all follow and do the same.

Currently we are somewhere in the sky between Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Fun fact, when my sister was younger she thought it was Las Angeles and Los Vegas. She knows the correct version now but we still speak about it.

We have a show tonight and another show tomorrow night before having a day off and flying straight to Texas.

Harry is in Texas right now doing a show, I'll only just miss him because he leaves the day I arrive.

We're in a private jet and I have shot gunned the left window seat at the back of the plane. I have a camel coloured blanket on my lap, my phone in my left hand and a wine glass in my right hand.

I gaze out the window and see nothing but clouds beneath us. It reminds me of being at the snow or at candy land with a limitless supply of cotton candy.

Aidan sits down on the chair in front of me and breaks me from my sugary thoughts. "I seen you on the news last night." Aidan is the drummer in my bad.

I turn my head to look at him. "I hope they showed my good angle."

He grins. "Only one or two double chin shots, nothing over the top."

We both laugh.

"It must be surreal seeing your name everywhere though. More people knowing who you are."

"I'll still never get used to more than one hundred people knowing who I am. So yeah it's surreal. Although it'd be nice if the stuff they were saying was about my music and not who I hang out with."

"Just tell me to shut up if I'm asking too much but are you and Harry even together? I mean, didn't you guys only meet like last week?"

That's what most people think. They have no idea that I knew Harry before he was in one direction.

"We met nine years ago, actually. I met him through my grandma and we became friends but eventually lost contact. So we didn't meet last week although that's what people think. But to answer your question no, we aren't together."

Do we have something going on that I can't even explain? Yes. Are we officially together? No.

Aidan nods. "Ah, so once again the articles are incorrect."

"Exactly my friend. Enough about me, how's Zoe?"

Zoe is Aidan's girlfriend. They've been together for two years. She lives in Japan and travels back and forth for work.

Since Aidan has been on tour in my bad, they don't see each other as much.

"Funny you asked about her. She's coming to the show tonight."

"That's great, do I finally get to meet her?" I ask.

Aidan smiles. "If she's allowed to come backstage."

I almost spit out my wine because I am shocked he even asked that. "Are you serious? Of course she is! And if there's any hassles let me know and I'll sort it out."

"Thanks Hailey, you're a gem. I'm so happy she's finally coming to a show. She's in Vegas with her friends so it worked out."

Aidan has told me before that Zoe won't fly out to wherever he is in the world because she feels like she does enough travelling for work and doesn't want to do even more travelling.