68. Broken

I have remained wide awake. How could I expect to fall asleep after reading Heather's messages.

The room is dark around me as I am still sitting on the lounge with no lights on in the room except the small light coming from my phone. The television is off too.

I am sitting alone in the dark with nothing but the sound of my thoughts inside my head.

I turn my phone back on and my most recent text is from Zayn.

Zayn: Please tell me you are with Harry and those photos of him making a fool of himself are not real.

Hailey: They're real.

My phone vibrates and I see that Zayn is calling me.

"Hey" I say after I answer the call. Once again my parents are sleeping so I do not wake them by speaking loudly.

"How are you doing? If the whole world has seen those photos then I'm sure you have too. What time is it there? It is 9am here in LA."

"It's 4am. Obviously I'm not thrilled about seeing those photos but what I am most upset about is Harry lying to me about it."

"What do you mean? Did he not tell you he was going on a boat?"

I inhale deeply and then exhale as I take a big breath. I need it for the long story I am about to tell Zayn. "So we have been arguing all day. The first reason was because I haven't had sex with him in over a week."

Zayn chuckles. "Sorry, you know what us boys are like. But that is no reason to go and do what he has done. Continue."

"So then after that we had arguments over pointless things like smoothie advertorials. Then the biggest issue was he thinks I will cheat on him with Ryan, a friend of mine from back here at home. He is a family friend and I have gone to school with him all my life. If nothing has happened yet then I highly doubt it will happen in the future."

"Is he the blonde guy?"

"Yeah, has Harry shown you a photo of him or something?"

"No, I seen it on Instagram on one of your fanpages."

I laugh. "You look at my fanpages?"

"Well I wanted to see what you have been up to lately. I could have just texted you but these update accounts are good. I got lots of information."

"Send me a screenshot of the account. I will have to give it a follow. But yeah he said I am like Kendall and will two time him just like she did."

"You are nothing like Kendall, Hailey."

"That's what I thought. But anyway, he said we needed to take a break and even said we should spend Christmas apart."

"What the fuck? That is crazy. He blew it way out of proportion didn't he. Are you not telling me everything Hailey?"

"No, I swear that is what happened. It's like he has bottled up all of his emotions again and the bottle just bursted. Except he wasn't really yelling this time he was just throwing hurtful accusations at me."

"That's fucked."

"Yeah, I am just worried about him."

Zayn is silent for a moment.

"You still there?" I ask him.

"Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking about something."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, last year when our album came out, Harry had to go out on a date with a model. But soon after that he was with Taylor, but anyway, our management made him and Niall go out on dates and be seen with women because obviously it would gain media attention."