17. Potential

Well last night was surely eventful .... not. That just makes me want to stay single even more because 90% of guys these days don't even care about you they just want sex.

Not to mention people partied until 5am this morning. The music was blaring and I barely got any sleep. So instead of sleeping I was ranting to my sister though text and house hunting.

This morning I have two text messages and an email from three different house owners who said I can look at the places today. The first one is at 10am so I just got ready and had breakfast so that I can make my way there now.

When I turn on my car, the song Die Young by Kesha is on. It's a catchy song, but man I don't even want to think about dying young. I wonder what inspired her for that song.

I arrive at the first place and see a woman in a formal grey dress suit. She smiles at me when I get out of my car.

"Hello, I'm Hailey." I shake her hand.

"It's a pleasure Hailey. I am Margot Michelson."

She begins walking towards the house and from the outside it looks nice. The gardens are a bit scrappy but that can be fixed.

"This place has been empty for about a year now. The previous tenants didn't look after it very well and the owners are travellers so they don't get out here much. That's why they knocked a few k off the price because it does require some work but it is a lovely home with great potential."

Margot unlocks the door and holds her hand out for me to step inside first. I thank her and look around the empty house.

"Online it said this was for rent. When you mentioned they knocked off a few k does that mean it's available to buy outright?"

She nods. "Yes, I believe that is a mistake that is yet to be fixed online. Sorry about that."

Well I don't think I can afford a house right now, only rent. Unless I get a mortgage but I am only nineteen I don't know how all that stuff works I'll need my parents to give me a nice lecture on it.

"Take a look around if you like." She tells me and I do so.

Last night I was looking at one of the places I visited last week. I looked at it before the place with the yellow doors and I think I may go back and take another look at it some day soon.

Margot was right, this place does have potential. It is also ten minutes closer to Sony so it won't take me as long to travel to meetings with Heather.

There's lots of brown in this place like cream-brown walls, mahogany frames and boarders, dark brown floor boards. I feel like I want to change that as I like black and white. I will probably tile my house too, there's these marble tiles I have always wanted to have in my place since I was younger. If I mortgage this place then I feel like I could be living in it for a while so I will have time to decorate it however I want.

If I am renting I won't be able to decorate, but if I buy the house it is mine to do as I wish to it.

Designing my own home has always been a dream of mine but I don't have the time for that right now.

I check out the balcony and the backyard. The balcony is situated in a place that gets a great deal of sunlight. I can picture myself having an egg chair sitting in it with my pen in hand and a tea beside me whilst writing songs.

The backyard is kind of small though and like I previously said earlier the gardens aren't in a great form out the front so those are the downfalls.

I will have to think about this place, I don't hate it though so that is a great sign.

"What'd you think?" Margot smiles at me. "Want to call it your home?"