56. Grocery Shopping

"I'm so hungry" I say, leaning against the door of the food cupboard. I've been standing here for two minutes just staring at the shelves. Nothing here is appealing to me. "There's no food." The last thing I ate was at the halloween part last night.

Harry would be hung over for sure but he seems to be dealing with it well. I had three drinks and I didn't count how many he had because I am not a possessive girlfriend but I know he had more than 5.

"There's plenty of food. That whole thing is stocked with stuff."

A heavy sigh escapes my lips. "But not what I want to eat."

The sound of paper ruffling and footsteps tell me that Harry has stopped reading the newspaper, has put it down and is now making his way over to where I am.

He snakes his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder. I tilt my head to look at him and see that he is looking at the food shelves. "There's plenty here."

"Oh yeah, like what?"

Harry kisses me on the cheek before saying "plenty" and walking away.

"Plenty of what?"

He continues walking and I can see a smirk on his face. "Food."

"Come on Hersh don't leave a hungry girl hanging. Elaborate please."

Harry stops walking when he gets to the dining table and picks up his keys. He spins around to face me and holds up the keys. "You were right, there's no food. Let's go get something."

"Alright. I'll go get my purse just give me a minute."

"No" Harry says and I stop running towards the stairs and turn to face him. "I've got it, you don't need your purse."

"But I-"

He rolls his beautiful green eyes. "I said I've got it now let's go before your stomach starts growling."

I smile and run over to him, hugging him from behind and kiss his back. "Thank you."

Harry rubs my arm that is still around him. "No worries."

We got into the car and put our seat belts on. Harry starts the car and lets the engine run whilst he picks up his sunglasses from inside one of the cup holders and puts them on.

"You sure you don't have any alcohol left in your system?"

"I can promise you I am fine to drive. I stopped drinking at eleven and had water after that."

I nod my head slowly. "Okay then."

Whilst Harry reverses out of the driveway, I push the button so the radio turns on. It's currently playing Still Into You by Paramore. I used to like the song but it has been way overplayed so I change the station.

"Hey, I wanted to listen to that" Harry turns the station back to the previous one.

"But this song is better" I flick it back to the station I changed it to.

Harry goes to change the station but I catch his hand before he does it and I hold onto it.

"Let go of my hand please, I need to drive" he says. I let go of his hand and cover the screen that shows the radio stations so that he can't change the station. He then presses a button on the steering wheel and it changes the station.

It's some random opera song and Harry sits back comfortably in the seat and sighs. "Much better."

"You don't even know this song."

No reply from Harold.

"Harry" I look at him but he continues staring straight ahead. "Harrrrryyyy" I say his name slowly and poke his side. He jolts to the right and ignores me still.