Chapter 4

Chanel's POV

I should have never came here. She could have at least said something when we spoke earlier.

I don't know where I'm going cause I left my stuff upstairs but I need to cool off because I don't want to disrespect her more then I already did. Who does shit like that? As soon as I got off the elevator I stormed out the building running into everybody.

"Hey Chanel, you need to try this Pink berry." Damien said.

I just brushed straight pass him and went walking. I heard him calling my name but I didn't care I needed to get away. I don't know where I'm going or how long I've been walking.

Somehow I ended up at Central Park. I sat on a rock and just looked out at the pond or lake, whatever they call this thing.

Why did my life have to be like this? I should have just stayed in Maryland and I would be fine feeling that my mom didn't give a damn about it.

It's getting darker and darker as I sit out here. I know their probably looking for me but I don't care. I was still looking out thinking when I felt someone approach me. Shit, this is New York I could get killed right now so I got out the box cutter that I keep in my sock. I turned around and whiped it out and it was my "dad".

"I'm glad you can protect yourself." he said as he laughed.

"I just don't like being snuck up on."

"I understand, I use to keep a razor under tongue." he said sitting next to me.

"That's kid stuff." I said. "I stopped that in sixth grade."

"Well damn." he said.

We sat there just looking out.

"You know I didn't have that great relationship with my dad." he said.

"Yeah, I know." I said.

Of course I read about Jay Z. He is married to my mother.

"I wish your mother would have told me I had a daughter from the start." he said.

"I wish I knew I had a dad from the start." I said glancing at him.

Now looking at him I can see a bit of me in him. I have a good blend of my parents skin tones but my features are more him then her.

"Your mother-"he said.

"Sucks ass right now." I said and he slightly laughed and shook his head. I know he agrees with me.

"You're gonna have to apologize for cursing." he told me.

"Yeah I know." I said.

"I still love her." he said.

"Somewhere deep deep down I love her too." I said laughing and he joined me skipping rocks.

"So tell me about yourself." he said.

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Everything." he said smiling.

"Well my name is Chanel Nicole Knowles, I'm 14. I like music; I play drums and clarinet and dabble in guitar and piano."

I began to tell my dad all about me. He was so interested, he wanted to know everything. I feel I need to give this info to my mom too but I'm still mad at her maybe later. I'm upset that I found out this way but I'm glad Shawn Carter is my father.

Shawn's POV

I can't believe Beyoncé never told me. I have a fourteen year old daughter and didn't know it. What is my mom gonna say? I can't even think about that right now.

They said she ran off so I told them I would go find her because I needed to clear my head. It's not that many places she could be I know this town like the back of my hand. I must have really been walking slow cause it got darker and darker. I reached central park and when I was walking I saw her sitting by the lake on a rock. I slowly walked up on her and I wasn't expecting her to turn around with a box cutter in hand. She looked so cute I had to laugh. We talked a little bit and I got to know her. I found out she was really into music, playing instruments and everything. She says she loves Damien as if he were her brother and I'm glad he was there to beat up all those little boys that picked on her. I don't know how I feel about her being a fighter. She showed me all her battle scars and I told her she couldn't be fighting no more. She said okay, but who really knows. She also told me about that aunt of her's. I'd like to have a conversation with her. There is no way this little girl is gonna be out of my sight now, not having it.

I got Chanel and Blue and I'm not missing anything else, over my dead body.

"You wanna go to pink berry?" I asked her.

"What's that?" she asked.

"It's a frozen yogurt place." I said.

"Oh, all I know is FroYo." she said laughing.

I held out my hand and she grabbed it and we walked out of the park to the place. She got a small cup, filled it with Vanilla and added Oreo bits. Who would have known we liked the same thing. We sat there and we started talking again. She asked me everything from my family, to her mother, to my illegal situations. She wanted to know just as much about me that I wanted to know about her. When we finished we walked back to the building. We were riding in the elevator when I looked down at her.

"You ready?" She asked.

"You ready?" I asked and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Let's go get'em." she said and I laughed.

"You are definitely my daughter." I said.

We left out of the elevator and went in the house. When we got in the house everyone was in the living room looking worried. Damien was the first one to speak.

"Dammit Chanel, where have you been?" he said. "I've been worried sick."

"Aye, Chase ill out. You know I'm always protected." She said pulling out her box cutter out of her sock.

Damn, I thought I took that.

"I know that, but when I'm calling you don't be walking away. We not in the Maryland, you don't know New York." he said.

"Okay! I'm sorry." she said "But I was with my dad so I was fine."

When she said that I couldn't help but smile.

"Your what?" he said.

I guess he didn't know.

"My dad." she said pointing to me.

"Damn, I leave to go to that purple strawberry and you got a daddy." he said shaking his head. "It's nice to meet you Chanel's dad. I'm here brother from another mother."

"Nice to meet you." I said laughing.

Everybody was looking at us and I told Chanel she needed to apologize. She looked like she didn't want to so I nudged her forward and she got the picture.

"Uhm, Mom can I talk to you for a sec." she said.

Beyoncé looked over at me and followed Chanel into another room. Beyoncé knew by the way I looked at her that she was forgiven. Will I forget, hell no. We still had things to discuss but yes I forgive her. I'm not gonna lie I'm disappointed in her actions but I'm not gonna hold that over her head. She already feels bad enough; I don't like to see her like that. I looked back at everyone else and they were staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"How does it feel?" Mama T asked referring to Chanel calling me her dad.

"It feels good." I said smiling.

"I'm glad you feel that way." she said.

I know I already have Blue and I love her but now I have Chanel and I'm too grateful. I don't care what anyone says their not taking her from me and I will be making a trip down to the Maryland for a talk with her aunt.