Chapter 23

Chanel's POV

I was sleepy peacefully until I felt a body drop on me. Like what the hell! Who is this? I opened my eyes.

 "Man, Rachel get the hell off me." I said.

 Wait! Rachel? My eyes shot open real quickly.

 "Oh my god! What you doing here?" I asked hugging her to death.

 "Did you think y'all would go to the BET Awards without me?" Rachel said.

 "Man how you get to go?" I asked sitting up.

 "Well I called your dad but I think he still got a chip on his shoulder about the breath joke, so he hung up on me." she said. "But I called your mom and she set everything up." 

 "How you get here?" I asked.

 "Mama Tina came and got me. She’s working on breakfast right now." Rachel said.

 "Really? Cause I'm getting tired of eating cereal. Mom's kind of lazy in the kitchen department." I said laughing.

 "I have nothing to say, that women brought me up here." Rachel said laughing.

 "Have you seen Damien yet?" I asked.

 "Not yet, but I'm about to." she said smiling.

 "Aye! Don't go and be making babies." I said.

 "Girl, who do you think I am?" Rachel said standing about to leave out.

 "When did you get to take off the sling?" I asked.

 "Last week, now I'm back to normal." she said leaving out of my room.

I went into the bathroom to shower and get dressed. I looked in the mirror to make sure I looked okay before I left out of my room. I went out of my room towards Damien's room. When I walked in, eww. These two are kissing.

 "Come up for air dammit." I said.

 "Oh whatever." Damien said getting up and going towards the bathroom.

 "You really missed him huh?" I asked.

 "Yeah." she said nodding. "But I missed you too."

 I sat there and came up with an idea. Rachel saw the look on my face.

 "Nope!" she said shaking her head.

 "Oh come on." I said.

 "I'm not getting beat again." she said.

 "You’re not gonna get beat, I promise." I said.

 She just looked at me.

 "You said my dad hung up on you right?" I asked.

 "Yeah." she said.

 "So he doesn't know your here. Just go in there, wake him up and you'll scare the shit out of him." I said.

 Rachel just looked at me.

 "He did hang up on me." she said.

 "Exactly." I said.

 We walked out of Damien’s room and to my parent’s door.

 "Yo, what if their like naked or something?" Rachel whispered.

 "Their not, trust I would know." I said. "Thin ass walls."

 I opened the door and looked in. I saw my dad sleeping on one side so I told Rachel to go. She walked in on my dad side. She looked in his face and laughed before she tapped him. I gave her the thumbs up when she looked over at me. I heard her say 'Good Morning Sunshine' in his face as she poked him. I wasn't sure if it worked until he screamed. He shot up like he'd been set on fire. Rachel and I high tailed out into the living room laughing all the way. We went in the kitchen where my grandmother was.