Chapter 45

Chanel's POV

 Okay, I've been on these crutches long enough. I think I'm ready to walk. I've been doing my therapy, I'm ready. I got up from my bed and limped out my room. I was trying to limp to the kitchen but by the time I got to the living room I went down. I saw my mom look over the couch at me on the ground.

 "What are you doing?" She asked.

 "I'm walking." I said.

 "Where are your crutches?" She asked.

 "I don't need those stupid crutches, I can walk." I said determined.

 "Okay then get up and walk." She said.

 "I'd rather crawl for the moment." I said getting on all fours and crawling.

 "Chanel, get up and walk." She said.

 I rolled my eyes as I got up. I stood up straight and tried to walk but ended up limping. 

 "Put pressure on your right foot." She said.

 She's trying to kill me.

 When I did put pressure on it I winced and went down.  I hit the ground with my fist because I'm tired of not being able to walk.

 "Crawl your behind over here and sit on this couch." She said.

 I did what she said and sat beside her.

 "Why don't you want to listen to the doctor and do what he says." She said.

 "Because I wanna walk now." I said. "I'm not even in dancing now."

 "So would you rather not be able to dance ever again because you did something stupid or sit it out right now and you'll be fine when the doctor gives you the green light." She said.

 Why she gotta make sense?

 "You sound like you talking from experience." I said.

 "I tore twenty percent of my hamstring." She said.

 "Ow! When?" I asked.

 "Sometime in 04." She said.

 "How you do it?" I asked.

 "By being stupid in rehearsal." She said.

 I nodded my head.

 "So you serious about dancing?" She asked.

 "At first I knew it was something I was good at and did it for fun but when I did your End of Time and everyone thought it was crazy that I learned it that fast I had an ah ha moment." I said.

 "An ah ha moment?" She asked.

 "Yes, Oprah taught me well." I said. "But now I can't even do that."