Chapter 15

Chanel's POV

 "So are you gonna let us go or what?" I asked my dad.

Christian asked me last night if me and Rachel wanted to go go-karting today and my dad has yet given me an answer. You know what, I'm gonna ask my mom. I walked away from my dad and went to look for my mom. I found her in the bed sleep. Oh well. I went over to wake her up.

 "Ma! Ma!" I said.

 "What!" she said as she turned over.

 "Can me and Rachel go go-karting with Christian?" I asked.

"If you leave me alone then yes." she said. She sounded annoyed.

 "Thanks!" I said as I left the room.

 I went back in my room to shower and get ready for the day. After I got out the shower I got dressed and headed to wake up Rachel.

 "Yo! Wake-up!" I said.

 "Whhhaaatttt!" she said.

 "Get ready; my mom said we could go." I said.

 "Word!" she said as she lifted her head from the pillow.

 "Yeah, so get up." I said.

 "Aight!" she said.

 I left the room and went to the kitchen while Rachel got ready. I texted Christian back and told him we could go. I went in the kitchen and my grandmother was cooking and my dad was in there.

 "Why you all dressed?" my grandmother asked.

 "I'm going go-karting." I said.

 "Who said you could go?" my dad asked.

 "Mommy." I said.

 "She don't count." he said.

 "How come?" I asked.

 "Because one she's asleep and she’ll say anything and two you asked me first." he said drinking his orange juice.

 "But you didn't give me an answer." I said.

 "So, you don't go to your mother just because I didn't give you an answer yet." he said grabbing his keys.

 "So when do I get an answer?" I asked.

 "When I get back." he said leaving. "Be here when I get back too." 

 I just sat my elbow on the table and rested my cheek in my hand. This sucks. I turned around and saw Rachel coming and she was dressed but she looked at my face.

 "We not going?" she asked.

 "I don't know." I said.

 "Woke me up for nothing." she said sitting next to me.

 "Not for nothing." my grandmother said. "Enjoy breakfast."

 "Thanks mama T." she said.

 I didn't feel like eating, he messed up my mood. Who cares if she was half sleep, she still said yes.

 "Hey! Fix the face." my grandma said.

 I tried to fix it but I'm too upset. I heard my mom come in the kitchen. She couldn't have come in when he was still here.

 "Good morning." my mom said.

 My grandma and Rachel said good morning, but for me it wasn't a good morning.

 "What's with you?" she asked.

 "Dad said we can't go." I said.

 "Go where?" she asked as she got some orange juice.