Chapter 25

Chapter 25

 Chanel's POV

 "And we have to go to orientation because?" I asked.

 I was sitting at the kitchen table all early in the morning with Damien and my mom. My mom was sipping Tea and Damien looked half awake.

 "Look, it's what the school does with their freshmen. Go make a friend or something." my mom said.

 "I don't need to make friends. As soon as they hear my name their gonna start talking and if somebody steps to me-"

 "You'll do nothing! You got that?" my mom said.

 "But if somebody puts their hands on me." I said.

 "That's something different but if you drop below a 'C' average. Hey!" my mom said waking up Damien. 

 He woke up all clueless.

 "This goes for you too, if y'all drop below a 'C' average I'm pulling you out and you will be attending private school. Do I make myself clear?" she said.

 "Yeah." Damien said.

 "Yes." I said.

 "Great, have a good day at orientation." she said smiling. "The car is waiting."

 She went back towards her room and I just shook my head and me and Damien got up to leave. I made sure I had my phone and some money and so did Damien. I didn't bring a purse or a backpack because I didn't feel like hearing nobody mouth. We headed downstairs and a car was waiting for us. We got our own security but I'm still not that comfortable with them but they were on my speed dial. We got to the school and we got out. We looked at the school and each other.

 "You ready?" Damien asked.

 "Let’s go get'em." I said.

 "Please stop saying that." Damien said.

 We went in the school and we were just looking around until we saw a sign-in table. We made our way over to the table.

 "Hi, are you a freshman?" the girl sitting at the table asked.

 She is too peppy for 9am!

 "Yeah, we are." I said.

 "Okay, sign in is here and my name is Maya Butler and I'm running for Freshmen President." she said smiling.

 "Yeah, okay." I said.

 "Your names." she asked.

 "Damien Jackson." he said.

 She scrolled down and saw his name then she looked at me.

 "Chanel Carter." I said.

 Oh yeah, we had to get my last name changed.

 She scrolled down and stopped.

 "You mean your-"

 "Yeah, that's me." I said.

 I already knew what she was referring to.

 "Okay, well the rest of the students are in the cafeteria." she said.

 "Thanks." I said and we left to go to the cafeteria.

 "Hey, lighten up will ya." Damien said.

 "It's too early in the morning for all this." I said as we found an empty table to sit at.

 "Well just have an open mind." he said.

 I just nodded my head like I was listening to him as I was on instagram.