Chapter 13

Chanel's POV

Thank God it's finally Friday. I found out a couple days ago that my mom does not play. I swore I was getting my phone back; she still has it as we speak. I've been having short conversations with her all week. I still don't like what she did but what can I do?

I went in the bathroom to wash up and get ready. Usually I eat something at school so I just wait out here for my dad. I heard their room door open and when I looked it was my mom.

"Text Rachel and Damien and tell then we're on our way." she said.

"Where's dad?" I asked.

"I'm taking you today." she said.

"Okay." I said.

I text Damien and Rachel and told them we were on our way. It was quiet while we were in the truck and if I wanted Rachel to come back to New York with me I better start talking.

"Ma" I said.

"Yeah." she answered.

"Can Rachel come to New York with us for the weekend?" I asked.

"Do you have school next week?" she asked.

"Nope." I said.

"Okay, I have to talk to her mom after school." she said.

"Okay." I said.

We picked up Damien and Rachel and we we were headed for school.

"Hi Mrs. Carter, you're looking lovely this morning." Rachel said.

"Rach, she already said yes." I said laughing.

"Oh! Well still nice to see you Mrs. Carter." she said smiling.

"Nice to see you too Rachel." my mom said.

My mom drove us to school as we sang and rap to almost every song on the radio. When we got to school Rachel and Damien got out and my mom told me to hold on. She was just looking at me.

"Are you done with your little silent treatment?" she asked.

"I didn't give you the silent treatment." I said.

"How many times have you talked to me since Tuesday?" she asked.

I just looked out the window.

"Just because I or your father punish you doesn't mean you can start ignoring us." she said. "I told you there was going to be consequences for actions."

"I know but all this rule stuff is kind of new to me." I said. "I usually do my own thing."

"Well, we'll work on it." she said and kissed my forehead. "Okay, now get out before you're late."

"See ya." I said.

I walked up to Damien and Rachel and we started to walk in the building.

"Rachel, we gonna have so much fun this weekend. Damien you sure you don't want to go?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm gonna chill with my grandmother and convince her to let me go to school up there." he said.

"Alright, oh yeah I gotta text Christian and tell him I'm coming back up there." I said.

"Who's Christian?" Rachel asked.

"Christian Combs." I said.

"Oh you hanging with celeb kids now." she said. "I see you."

"Man, it's not even like that." I said.

"Yeah, that's her trouble buddy." Damien said.

"Shut up!" I said.