Chapter 18

Chanel’s POV

The next morning me and Rachel got dressed and my grandma fixed us breakfast. When we were about to eat my mom and dad came. While we were eating breakfast I really wanted Rachel to stop selling candy because I didn't want her to get kicked out of that nice school and go back to our neighborhood rachet schools. I know she won't listen to me but maybe she'll listen to my parents. Now most of the time I'm against snitching but she won't listen to me so I feel I have to say something.

 "So Rachel, you still gonna hustle at Duke?" I asked.

All you heard was forks drop and everyone looked at Rachel. If looks could kill I would have died the way Rachel looked at me.

 "You do what?" my mom asked.

 "It's not even like that." Rachel said.

 "Then what’s it like?" my dad asked.

 "Man, I don't even know why she said it like that. I only sell candy." Rachel said.

 "Is that what their calling it now?" my grandma asked.

 I had to laugh on the inside for that.

 "No, I'm serious. I only sell candy." Rachel said.

 "Oh! Okay." my dad said. "Why you make it sound like it was something else?"

"Because, she going to the big performing arts school and it's good she got in but I don't want her to get kicked out for something stupid." I said.

 "Well thank you for your concern but I'm not stopping." Rachel said.

 "It's against the rules to sell candy?" my mom asked.

 "I wouldn't say that, you just don't want to get caught." Rachel said.

 "Why do you do it?" my mom asked.

 "For pocket money, you know get the new shoes when they come out or clothes." she said.

 "So how you do it?" my dad asked.

 "Well I sell all the candy I don't like that everyone loves and at first I sold out my backpack, then my locker, then I had people to help me out. You could text me and I'll get your order and come to your class-"

 "How you get in other people's class?" my dad asked.

 "I had people in those classes working for me and I was cool with all the teachers so they let me in." Rachel said.

 My dad nodded his head in approval. This is not what my point was.

 "Uh hello, the point of bringing this up was to make her stop." I said.

 "We can't make her stop. I mean we could advise her to stop but we can't make her." my mom said.

 "Exactly, so you shouldn't have brought it up." Rachel said.

 "Well if you get kicked out and end up at that neighborhood high school and end up like your brother don't say nothing to me." I said.

 "Look, I'm doing something with my life and I don't sell drugs so you can go somewhere with all that noise." Rachel said.

 "I didn't say you sell drugs." I said.

 "But you brought up my brother." Rachel said.

 "You always read into what I'm saying too much, emotional ass." I said.

 "I'm emotional? Man, outta here with that! You know I'm glad you going to school up here. We need a break." she said.

 "Break? I'm not your bitch; don't come for me with that shit." I said.