Chapter 48

Beyoncé's POV

 I felt something nudge me.

 "Ma." I think I heard. "Ma."

 I squinted my eyes and it was Damien.

 "What?" I asked.

 "We gotta go to the hospital." He said.

 "What? Why?" I asked panicking.

 "Something happened to Tammy." He said.

 "Who?" I asked.

 "Tammy, my birth mother." He said. "The hospital told me to come down there but they wouldn't tell me why." 

 I looked at him in his basketball shorts.

 "Go put some clothes on and I'll take you." I said.

 "Okay." He said and left.

 I swung my feet over unto the floor. I looked back at Shawn and nudged him.

 "Shawn." I said.

 "Huh?" He asked.

 "I gotta take Damien to the hospital something happened to his biological mother." I said getting up.

 "What? I'm going too." He said.

 "No, stay with Chanel, Rachel and Blue and I'll call you." I said.

 "I'll call Julius and the car for you." He said.

 I nodded and went to bathroom. I put some clothes on and threw my hair in a bun. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I went back into the room and looked at the clock and it was 5:34 am. I sighed and kissed Shawn on the cheek before I left. I grabbed a jacket and my purse. I went to Damien's room but didn't see him. I went in the living room and he was sitting down.

 "Damien." I said.

 He turned and looked at me and got up. He looked tired and concerned. We went downstairs and Julius had the van. It was a quiet ride to the hospital. When we got there we went to the desk.

 "Hi, uhm we're looking for a Tammy Jackson." I said.

 "Sure." The lady said typing something then looked up. "Your-"

 "Mame, I know who I am but could you please help me out right now." I said.

 I don't have time for this.

 "Oh sorry, sure." She said. "Ms. Jackson is on the fourth floor."

 "Okay, thank you." I said.

 We went to the elevator and went to the fourth floor. Damien still has not spoken one word. We got off on the fourth floor and went to the nurses station.