Chapter 22

Oprah sits down with Beyoncé and Jay-Z.

 Beyoncé, Jay-Z and Oprah sit in the living room of their Tribeca apartment in New York. Oprah sits in a seat facing them, yet still facing the camera. The crew touches up Beyoncé and Oprah's make-up. No one is wearing anything over the top. Oprah eyes her producer and camera man.

 "Are you ready?" she asked.

 They nod in approval. She looks towards Beyoncé and Jay-Z.

 "Are y'all ready?" she asked with a smile.

 "Yes." they said.

 "Okay." she said.

 "So, what made you want me to get this interview, because this is the scoop of a lifetime?" Oprah said.

 "Well we figured since your Oprah and all." Shawn said laughing.

 "And we knew you wouldn't be biased with your questions." Beyoncé said.

 "Okay, because you know I'm gonna ask." she said.

 They laughed.

 "Well, I just want to start off by saying this will be the first and last time you will address this." Oprah said.

 "That's correct." Beyoncé said.

 "Okay." she said clapping her hands together. "Let's get this started."

 "Okay, I'm pretty sure everyone wants to know what's exactly going on because no one really knows, well besides me. They just know you’ve been recently photographed with a young girl." Oprah said.

 "Well I guess I’ll start at the beginning. A few months after Destiny's Child shot the video to "No No No Part 2" I found out I was pregnant and the next year I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Chanel Nicole Knowles." Beyoncé said.

 "Why are you telling us now?" Oprah asked.

 "I'm getting this all out in the open now because she back in my life." Beyoncé said.

 "What do you mean back in your life?" Oprah asked.

 "Well I had her with me until we started really working on our second album "The Writings on the Wall". I left her with a relative and it was my decision and no one could talk me out of it. I made sure to talk and visit her as much as I could and I had planned to get her back but I wasn't allowed to." Beyoncé said.

 "What do you mean you weren’t allowed to? You’re her mother." Oprah said.

 "Yeah, I know but the relative I left her with kind of manipulated me and at the time I was young and very naive to a lot of things." Beyoncé said.

 "So what type of things would this relative say? Oprah asked.

 "Just things like, "She'll be normal" or "You'll mess up her life." Then things started escalating with threats when I wasn't taking no for an answer when she was about six or seven." Beyoncé said.

 "So they started threatening you?" Oprah asked.

 "Yeah, saying things like "I'm going to sell her picture to the paper." or "I'm going to tell the paparazzi the truth." and I was so into what people thought of me at the time that laid low." Beyoncé said.

 "What about you parents?" Oprah asked.

 "I told them I didn't want them involved. I said I would handle it myself and I feel I ruined half of my daughter’s life trying to do things by myself when I could’ve asked for help." Beyoncé said.