Chapter 9

Chanel's POV cont...

I was quiet that whole way home; I don't understand what the big deal is. He act like I was making out with the boy.

I didn't talk at all. Not even when we went back in the house. I went straight in my room and started packing for tomorrow. I'm really starting to love my parents and I don't want to go back but I have to finish these last few days of school.

While I was packing my mom came in and sat down on the bed just watching me.

"Go get Damien, I want to talk to y'all." she said.

I stopped what I was doing and went to get Damien. He was sitting in the living room with my dad.

"Damien, my mom wants to talk to us." I said and left out the room.

I really don't want to talk to my dad right now so maybe later. I walked in the room and sat by my mom while Damien stood.

"Okay Damien, you know Chanel might come live up her with us right." she said.

"Yeah, I figured she would do that." he said. "But as long as she's happy, I'm happy."

"Well she said she didn't want to leave you and that got me thinking." she said.

Me and Damien were looking at each other trying to figure out what she was talking about.

"You like school in Maryland?" she asked him.

"Uhm, it could be better." he said.

"What your grades looking like?" she asked.

"I'm passing." he said smiling

My mom just shook her head. He's in the same boat I'm in.

"If I talk to your grandmother do you think she would let you come up here for school?" she asked.

Our eyes could have popped out of heads.

"Ma, are you serious?" I asked.

"Yeah, like you for real cause I'm already geeked." Damien said.

"Yes, I'm serious." she said. "I think private school will do y'all some good."

Whoa! Back up, rewind. Private school.

"Private School?" I said.

"Uh yeah." she said.

"How about performing and visual arts." I said.

"What performing and visual arts y'all got?" she asked.

"I play drums and clarinet." I said.

"Okay, you probably gonna have to audition." she said.

"That's fine with me." I said.

"What about you?" my mom asked looking at Damien.

"I draw." he says.

"Like what?" she asked.

"Anything you want." he said smiling.

"So y'all would be cool living up here?" she asked.

"I would." Damien said.

"Then count me in." I said.

"Okay, after I talk to my aunt I have to talk to your grandmother and see if she'll allow this." she said.

Can you believe this? Me and Damien going to school up here, man they ain't ready.

"And you need to talk to your dad." she said to me.