Chapter 1 - Arrival

Welcome everyone to my FanFic. As you've probably guessed by now spoilers for the anime will definitely be in play. There will also be noticeable differences at times due to your presence in the story. Oh, and you have a unique one for yourself... which I won't spoil now. Please do comment any thoughts or remarks you may have after finishing. Criticism is welcome though I do prefer the constructive variety. Also, huge shoutout to DitFCodeAlpha for all of his assistance. If you haven't checked out his work be sure to do so. Anyway, that's enough from me. Please enjoy!

Blanket Disclaimer: Darling in the Franxx and it's respective elements belong to Trigger/A1 Studios. All OCs belong to me.

Transport Plane in route to Plantation 13

"Who exactly am I?" You find yourself asking that question a lot recently. "I'm Code 059, a parasite. My purpose is to protect the Plantations from Klaxosaurs. That's why I fight, to make sure Papa and the adults are safe. I used to call Plantation 39 home, but not anymore. You pause there, home. "Home is where the heart is," they used to say that, or at least the books did.

You are suddenly jolted back to reality by a hand on your shoulder. "(Y/N) are you ok? You were spaced out for a long time." You look over to see the concerned face of your partner Kyu, code 067. "I'm fine." you reply, "Just thinking."

"I wanna take a bath," Zero Two complains. "Not again, show some self-restraint," grumbles Dr. Franxx. "Why must she be so high maintenance?" he asks no one in particular. You quietly chuckle to yourself after the exchange. "How long until we arrive at Plantation 13?" Kyu asks. "Does Plantation 13 have an ocean?" Zero Two adds. "No, it doesn't, and it shouldn't be long now," Nana responds.

Zero Two leans over and speaks to her current partner Code 081, who is fast asleep. "Hey, how do I smell?" she asks. "Let him rest, that last battle took a lot out of him," Dr. Franxx insists. Zero Two then turns to you, "Friend, how do I smell?" "You smell fine Zero Two," you respond, "You shouldn't worry about it so much." "We will be landing shortly," the pilot announces. As you stare out the window at the vast, empty landscape, your mind begins to wander.

It was almost six months ago to the day that Dr. Franxx had arrived at your former home, Plantation 39. With him he had brought someone you hadn't seen in years. A girl with pink hair and red horns. Thoughts began to rush through your head at the sight of her. She's still alive? I haven't seen her since before I came to Plantation 39. You quickly shake yourself out of it as they approach. "Ah, code 059," Dr. Franxx said, "I am glad you are well. I see you recognize my companion," he muses, motioning to Zero Two. "Friend!" Zero Two exclaims as she embraces you. "It's good to see you too!" you reply, hugging her back.

"(Y/N), we're here." You look over to find Kyu standing in the aisle of the cargo plane. Returning to the real world, you gather your things and make your way off the plane following Dr. Franxx. "Can't we find some other means of transportation? These cramped cargo planes are too rough for an old man like me," Dr. Franxx complains. "Well when you're transporting two Franxx it does limit your options," Nana replies. The first was Strelitzia, Zero Two's Franxx, hailed as the most powerful Franxx in existence. Second was the Franxx you piloted with Kyu, Terraria.

"Doctor why run the test case here of all places?" Nana asks, "And with such a make shift team no less. And before I forget please do attend the startup ritual tomorrow." "Oh yes, yes," he replies with a dismissive wave of his hand. "But something has been bothering me. And in light of the circumstances with site one we are moving forward here instead. By the way, I see our problem child has gone missing."

You quickly look around and see that Zero Two has in fact disappeared. "Over there," you say just as Dr. Franxx points to a nearby catwalk, revealing Zero Two walking through one of the Plantation's many doors, a devious smile on her face. "Damn, always running off," 081 grumbles. She was looking for an ocean, you think.