Chapter 16- The Past

Now something you've all been waiting for, your connection to Zero Two. Please, enjoy, and do let me know what you think. Until next time :)

"Shut up and be devoured like the fodder that you are!" Zero Two yells as Strelitzia finishes her transition to stampede mode. "Hiro!" you shout, rocketing Terraria toward her, "Kyu give me everything you've got!"

Strelitzia spins to face Terraria as she approaches. She growls and hunches down like a cat getting ready to pounce. When Terraria is only 200 feet away she strikes, leaping into the air and taking the larger Franxx to the ground.

"Zero Two stop!" Terraria yells as she wrestles with the angry feline. Strelitzia's lance, having come to a point on her tail is being used with deadly efficiency. Terraria barely manages to bat it aside before it impales her. "Her lance will go right through the armor," you yell. "I know!" Terraria shouts back as she throws the stampeding Franxx off of her.

Strelitzia lands on her feet and snarls, raising her tail above her head. Terraria stands driving her axe into the ground. She cracks her knuckles and slowly circles Strelitzia. "Let him go," you seethe. Strelitzia roars and charges. She leaps at Terraria again but this time Terraria is prepared, catching her by the neck. Terraria uses Strelitzia's momentum to drive her into the ground where she straddles her. Terraria alternates punches across Strelitzia's maw knocking out several of the glowing teeth. Before too much damage can be inflicted however Strelitzia hits Terraria with the broad portion of her tail knocking her aside.

Strelitzia wastes no time, using her superior speed to hit Terraria from the side. As a result Terraria stumbles which Strelitzia capitalizes on by sweeping her tail, knocking Terraria to the ground. Terraria is barely able to block her throat with her arm as Strelitzia pounces on her, much the same as Zero Two had you the night before.

Strelitzia thrashes attempting to pull Terraria's arm from its socket but her strong body is able to withstand the angry beast. Strelitzia, realizing the ineffectiveness of her method raises her tail above her head once more, leveling it at Terraria's cockpit. You know that you stand no chance to survive if she finishes that attack. You take a deep breath as you reach for the emergency ejection, intending to cut Kyu loose. Forgive me.

Strelitzia roars and then jabs her tail forward. There is a flash of blue and white in your peripheral vision as Delphinium comes flying into the fray. She tackles Strelitzia, saving you as a result. Delphinium screams as her left arm is torn off by the force of the impact, but she doesn't release Strelitzia. The two Franxx tumble for several hundred feet before coming to a stop. "Hiro get away from Zero Two!" Delphinium frantically shrieks, "She only got closer to you so she could suck you dry. If you stay with her even you will lose your humanity."

Delphinium holds Strelitzia in a headlock as she thrashes attempting to break free, but Ichigo's iron will holds her in place. Suddenly Strelitzia's eyes grow dark and she stops moving. Glancing at the squad vitals screen you see Zero Two has severed her connection to Strelitzia.

You, Kyu and Goro arrive at Strelitzia's cockpit about ten seconds after Ichigo does. As you climb onto the platform Zero Two comes hurtling through the entrance. You catch her, pulling her close to your chest. She quietly sobs while staring at Ichigo and Hiro. Kyu immediately begins looking over Zero Two, checking for wounds from your struggle.

Inside the cockpit Ichigo screams at an unconscious Hiro, "Say something, anything! Hiro answer me!" Her arm hangs limply at her side clearly broken or dislocated as a result of Delphinium's arm being sheared off.

"Zero Two, are you alright?" you ask her. She doesn't respond, simply staring at Hiro and Ichigo. You try again but are met with the same response. Damn it, for once I wish I had those damn horns, you think, then I could at least get to her.