Chapter 9 - New Friends, Old Enemies

A short while later the recovery teams from the plantations arrived. They loaded you, as well as the Franxx into the trucks and then returned to the plantations. Being utterly exhausted you and the other members of Squad 13 return to Mistilteinn for some well-earned rest.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You awake to find the sun still in the sky. Checking the time, it is 1500, nearly seven hours after you had returned to Mistilteinn. Guess I needed the rest, you chuckle to yourself. Climbing down from your bunk you find Goro and Hiro are both asleep.

You yawn, walking over to the dresser to check your communicator for new messages. The holographic screen comes to life revealing an unread message. "Dr. Franxx wishes to speak with you and Hiro. Meet him in the Docking Bay at 1530." -Nana. You sigh, Guess relaxation will have to wait until later.

"Hey Hiro," you say placing a hand on his shoulder. "Not now," he mumbles groggily. "Hiro, time to get up. Dr. Franxx wants to speak with us," you urge. "Just five more minutes," Hiro complains. "Alright Hiro, you leave me no choice," you say grabbing hold of his leg. You pull, dragging Hiro out of bed and causing him to fall to the floor.

"Ow, what was that for?!" He exclaims. "Nana says we are supposed to meet with Dr. Franxx in half an hour," you reply, "So hurry up and get dressed," "Dr. Franxx? Why would he want to talk to me?" Hiro wonders aloud.

After Hiro finishes dressing you begin to make your way to the Docking Bay. As you exit the boarding house you find Kyu and Zero Two waiting outside. "Darling!" Zero Two says wrapping Hiro in a hug. "So, I take it you were also told to meet the doctor?" you ask Kyu. "Uh huh," she replies, eyes twinkling, "I can't wait to see him! It's been almost a month since he left." "Me too," you respond, "But it's probably best not to keep him waiting. Hiro, Zero Two, let's go."

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When you arrive at the Docking Bay Dr. Franxx is waiting along with Nana, Hachi and a blonde-haired boy. The boy isn't very tall, standing several inches shorter than Hiro. He wears a white dress uniform signifying his elite status. His blonde hair curls slightly and even though you can't see his face you know he is smirking. Nine Alpha.

Your blood begins to boil as you approach. Alpha, of course it's Alpha. Always playing at something. What does he want now? Your face grows taut and you clench your fists. Kyu notices this, sliding her hand into yours as you walk.

"(Y/N), calm down," she says, "He hasn't said anything yet and you're already getting worked up." "You know how I feel about him," you growl. "Please be nice," Kyu asks. "You know he will try and antagonize me, and you want me to be nice?" you question. "For me?" she replies, her green eyes practically begging. You sigh in defeat. "Thank you," she finishes, squeezing your hand before letting go.

"Ah, Zero Two, (Y/N), Kyu, it is good to see you." Dr. Franxx says. "You didn't have to come all this way," Zero Two says, appearing slightly agitated, "We are fine after all," She must still be sore about him leaving us here in the first place.

"Don't be like that," the old man replies in a fatherly tone. "I'm glad you're all ok," he continues. "We are ok and it's thanks to Friend and my Darling." Zero Two chirps hugging Hiro. Hiro blushes, trying to break her grip before giving up and accepting her affection. "It is good to see you doctor," you say smiling, Alpha momentarily forgotten.

Dr. Franxx turns to look at you and Kyu, "Good grief, don't just stand there girl," he says looking at Kyu, who has been fidgeting beside you this entire time, "If you hold it in any longer you'll likely burst." Kyu flings herself at Dr. Franxx in response, wrapping him in a hug. He returns it with his free hand, patting her shoulder. "I'm so glad you came," Kyu exclaims releasing him. "I told you I'd come back," the doctor replies with a slight smile.