Chapter 18- Reconnection

Alright guys, we've reached the high stakes money round. As you can probably see this is the first time I've added an image to a chapter. You'll know what it's for when you see it. The left is the greataxe while the right is each hand-axe. Imagine both axes having the color scheme of the one on the right. That's all I've got, enjoy!

"This mission has but one objective," Hachi states, "Take control of the area known as the Gran Crevasse." Behind him on screen is a battle-map showing the locations of friendly and enemy forces. "The Fourth United Company is currently carrying out attacks but due to heavy Klaxosaur resistance they are not making inroads. As a result, the Sixth United Company will be deployed shortly to reinforce the Fourth. You will be working with the Squads from four other plantations for this mission."

"Do we know what is in the Gran Crevasse?" Kokoro asks. Nana and Hachi share a glance before Nana presses a button on the console. The display immediately shifts showing various live feeds of the ongoing battle. The first is of the Gran Crevasse itself, a large dome like structure. Another shows Klaxosaurs pouring from the walls of the Gran Crevasse. "What the hell, why are there some many?" Miku asks worriedly. One of the camera's shifts revealing a destroyed plantation. "No way," Futoshi says quietly.

The feeds change several more times, two of the standard model Franxx are surrounded and fighting for their lives, but you know how it will end for them. A desolate part of the battlefield that has been pushed past already, bent and broken Franxx litter the ground as well as Klaxosaur corpses.

"Taking over the Gran Crevasse is Papa's long-standing wish," Hachi says, "If we win, this battle could be a turning point in humanity's history."

"Hey look," Goro says as the feed changes a final time, a line of Franxx marching into battle. At the head of the formation are four Franxx you recognize, the tall and slender M9's used by the 9's. Before even them however is Strelitzia in stampede mode, her tail swishing back and forth eagerly.

On screen Strelitzia roars then charges into battle, decimating the Klaxosaur horde. "Zero Two," you hear Hiro whisper. Ichigo takes his hand but refuses to meet his gaze. Kyu squeezes your hand as well. You look at her and she offers a confident smile, somewhat calming your nerves. We're coming Zero Two, you think, just wait for us.

A voice comes over the loudspeaker, "Message from mission command, Sixth United Company prepare to sortie." Nana sighs then looks back at all of you, "It's time kids, your up." Everyone quickly files out of the room and toward the docking bay. Just before you enter however Hiro stops the group.

"Guys be careful ok?" Hiro asks nervously. "Hey, you've got nothing to worry about," Goro reassures him. "Yeah," Zorome adds with his typical cocky smile, "We are about to go kick some ass." "Just sit tight ok?" Ichigo asks, "When we get back I will teach you how to pilot a Franxx from the ground up."

"Right," Hiro says quietly. Everyone offers Hiro a smile or thumbs up before proceeding into the docking bay. You hang back however, "We'll get her back, I promise," you tell Hiro. He smiles weakly, "When you say it, it sounds so simple." "I'm not coming back without her, simple as that," you reply turning and walking away, "Be safe Hiro, but don't miss your chance should one arise. She needs you more than anyone right now."

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fifteen minutes later the Sixth United Company is gathered. 25 Franxx in total, though 20 are of the standard variety making them much less effective. Even so, you feel that with the added help Squad 13 should have no trouble punching through the Klaxosaur line. Giving you a strait shot to Strelitzia.

"All Franxx accounted for," Delphinium states, "Awaiting orders." "Your goal is point F2," Nana radios, "All units move out." "You heard the lady," you state, "Let's rock." "Hell yeah!" Zorome cheers as you race to battle.