Chapter 8 - Kissing

Alright guys and gals sorry for the delay but the next chapter has finally arrived. I went over it and rewrote parts numerous times trying to get it just right. And overall I am pleased with it. I hope you all enjoy it as well! Fair warning it is the longest to date so be prepared. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Also this will likely put the story over the 1000 view mark so thank you all for sticking around. You guys are awesome! Now enjoy!

"She called me a monster!" Zero Two yells. "Zero Two wait!" you cry, but it's too late. She lunges for your throat, sinking her fangs into the soft tissue before tearing out a chunk. "You shouldn't have tried to stop me," she declares before pouncing on the still frozen Ichigo. You have no choice but to lay there slowly bleeding out as Zero Two effortlessly dispatches Ichigo. "Now, time to play," Zero Two says sweetly, walking slowly toward you. Before she reaches you however, your sight fades to black as you slip into unconsciousness.

Zero Two stands before you, a haze of red behind her. Her horns are much longer, blood cakes her face, and her eyes burn red with hatred. "You did this," she spits, glancing down at Ichigo's limp form, "This is all your fault. All you had to do was keep me in line. Now he won't even look at me," she cries, "He thinks I'm just a monster." She begins to slowly drag Ichigo's body toward you, seemingly to emphasize her point. You look away, refusing to watch any longer.

Your vision shifts, Kyu materializes before you, "If you had only been stronger we wouldn't be in this mess right now," she says sadly. "They trusted you," she says pointing toward a group of figures shrouded in darkness. The shadows may hide their faces, but you know exactly who they are. "They believed you when you said everything would be ok. But you lied to them." "Kyu, I did everything I could!" you yell, warm tears streaming down your face. She looks away before disappearing.

"You promised to protect us." Ichigo coldly states. "But can you really do it? You've already lost one plantation. What makes you think you can save ours?" Ichigo turns and begins walking away, "Maybe we'd have been better off if you'd never come here at all."

You sit bolt upright in bed breathing heavily. "Damn it!" you curse, "Just a dream, just a stupid dream." You take a deep breath slowing your heart rate. "I won't let it happen," you say quietly, "Not again."

"(Y/N), you ok?" Goro asks, "You were talking in your sleep and you just woke up screaming." "Bad dream," you say quickly getting out of bed. You walk to the nearby bathroom and splash cold water on your face.

I haven't had one of those dreams for more than a month. I thought I was over it. Ichigo being there is new, but if it hadn't been her it would have been someone else. Probably Kokoro. Doesn't matter, right now we've got a job to do.

Returning to your room you find Goro and Hiro finishing dressing. "You really going to go through with this?" Goro asks him. "I am, and nothing you say will change my mind." Hiro responds walking out. "That guy." Goro scoffs before turning to you. "Don't take too long, Hachi says the Klaxosaurs are coming faster than they expected. We are to be ready for sortie in 30 minutes." He then exits as well. You dress quickly then rush after them saying a silent prayer for the day to come.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are the last to arrive in the boys' locker room earning a glare from Mitsuru as he exits, you also notice Goro and Ichigo talking farther down the hall. Hiro is once again sitting on the bench, a nervous look plastered to his face. "(Y/N)?" he questions. "Yes Hiro?" you reply pulling on your under suit. "What if I can't do it?" He asks his voice cracking. "Hiro," you say turning to face him. "I've seen a lot of Zero Two's partners, for the most part they are all the same. They want to ride with her to prove that they are good enough. You are different," Hiro looks up as you say that, "You are the first one that isn't riding with her to prove some point. You're riding with Zero Two because you care about her, right?"