Chapter 21- Unexpected Guests

Alright guys, things are about to heat up again. So sit back and enjoy the chaos. Don't forget to let me know what you think afterward! 

Today was just a bad day, there was no other way to put it. You had only been awake for a couple hours but so far nothing had gone right. It started when you literally fell out of bed. The six-foot drop didn't really injure your enhanced form but that didn't keep it from stinging and making you sore.

Later on, at breakfast you had spilled food down your last remaining clean shirt. Goro had been kind enough to lend you one of his for the day but it was a little larger than you were accustomed to. Several other little things happened. Like stubbing your toe on the door frame of the lounge or the realization that the book you were reading had been misplaced. However, all of these things paled in comparison to the announcement just before lunch.

"Hey guys," Zorome says from the doorway as you tear apart the lounge looking for the book. "There is something you should see." "What is it?" Kyu asks. "Nothing good," Ikuno replies appearing beside Zorome. You sigh and follow them into the atrium wondering, how could today possibly get any worse?

Your question is answered almost immediately as you descend the stairs. Squad 13 is gathered just before the open front doors of the house. Looking past them, you see a sight that makes you wonder if your so far crappy day was all leading up to this. On the porch stand the 9's.

Currently only five of their number are present. Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Epsilon. The triplets, Zeta, Eta, and Theta are nowhere to be seen much to your disappointment. You preferred them to Alpha, Beta and Gamma, at least they never talked.

"Oh hey," Alpha says giving a slight wave. "The 9's?" Kyu quietly asks from beside you. Yep, bad to worse, you say to yourself. "What are you guys doing here?" Ichigo asks. "We're here to check on you," Alpha replies attempting to sound concerned, "On Papa's orders."

"Papa," Goro says in shock, "You mean we weren't cast aside?" Alpha laughs his snobby laugh acting as though the situation is hilarious. "Of course not," Alpha assures him as Zero Two and Hiro enter from the back of the house. Hiro appears confused by the 9's arrival while Zero Two appears just as thrilled as you. You do notice however that Zero Two now wears the flower crown that Miku had been making for her, hiding her horns from view.

"In fact, Papa has been very worried about you," Alpha finishes. "Fat chance," you mumble. "You really mean it?" Zorome asks growing excited. Alpha nods and smirks directly at you. Beta covers his mouth and begins to speak. Aside from the 9's only you and Zero Two can hear him. "Look at it, this place is awful. It's a wonder they've survived."

"We will be staying here for a bit," Alpha announces, "So I'm sure you wouldn't mind preparing some rooms for us." He looks directly at Miku and Kokoro as if they should drop everything and complete the task immediately. "You're staying?" Ichigo asks. "I said I took a liking to you guys," Alpha reminds her, waggling a finger. "And you did invite us, so it would be rude not to."

"Who invited them?" you whisper to Kyu. "Ichigo," she replies, "Back when we were at The Garden. But it wasn't really an invitation. Just something she said trying to make him angry." "Fantastic," you grumble, "Now we have to deal with them for who knows how long." "Please be nice," Kyu asks, squeezing your hand. You notice Delta's eyes immediately jump to the two of you. She offers a slight smile and nudges Epsilon, whispering something to him.

"We were just about to eat lunch," Goro states, "Would you like to join us?" "Before that, I'm afraid I must speak with Iota first," Alpha replies. "But, we'd be happy to," Delta adds motioning to the remaining 9's. Delta was Alpha's right hand for one good reason: She was better with people than he was.