Homecoming Short Story- Standing Strong

Hello everyone! I bet you didn't expect this, now did you? To commemorate Homecoming reaching 40k views across Wattpad and FanFiction I wanted to do something special. Several people had mentioned wanting to see some of the alternate future so here is a tidbit. Should it be liked there could potentially be more. 

Also DitF: Insurrection has now reached three chapters in length with additional ones in the works. So, for those of you waiting to see a bit more before beginning, now is the time! Anyway that's enough from me, it was nice to see you all again, and enjoy!

"Daddy," Zera says. "Yes, Sweetie?" you reply. "What am I supposed to do if someone is being mean?" your daughter asks. You immediately stop. Someone is being mean to Zera, why? She is only five and just started school, why would anyone want to be mean to her.

You take a knee beside her in front of the school. "Zera, is someone being mean to you?" "No, Daddy," Zera answers. You breathe a sigh of relief. "Why did you ask then, sweetpea?" "I just want to know," Zera replies looking you straight in the eye. For a five-year-old she is incredibly intelligent, but she doesn't yet have the social skills necessary to mask her feelings. You can tell she has a reason for wanting to know how to handle bullies, and you want to know what it is, but the bell rings, cutting your time short.

"We'll talk later," you say. Zera gives you a quick hug and a kiss before running into her classroom yelling, "Bye Daddy!"

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Three Weeks later

Zera's POV

"Zera, look what I drew!" Hiyatsu exclaims showing her friend the picture she had been working on. Hiyatsu had inherited her mother's love of art and was easily as shy as Zero Two when you had first met her. "I like it!" Zera replies looking at the image of the two girls holding hands and walking by the large cherry tree in the park.

"Look what the horn demon did," a voice says from nearby. The girls turn to find a trio of boys walking toward them as they sit at their desks. The first boy is rather scrawny, the second is wide and the one in front, clearly the leader, is taller than both with dark hair and glasses.

Hiyatsu immediately shrinks in stature and looks to the ground to hide her face. "What do you want Tensei?" Zera growls. The boy ignores her and continues to approach them. He stops next to Hiyatsu and picks up the picture that was sitting on the desk.

Tensei studies it for a moment before chuckling. "You know what I heard?" he asks. "I heard that your mom is a monster. That's why she has horns. She turned your dad into one too." Hiyatsu continues to look at the floor but her shoulders begin to subtly move up and down. "That means you're a monster too," Tensei continues. "Tensei, go away!" Zera shouts. "And what are you gonna do if I don't?" he taunts her. Zera growls but remains seated, remembering what you had taught her since she was little.

"People can be mean sometimes Sweetie, but you can't stoop to their level." "Why not Daddy?" she asks. "Because then you are no better than they are," you answer. "If someone is mean to you ask them to stop." "But what if they don't Dad?" she presses. "Then you ask them again," you tell her. "But what if they are still mean after that? Wouldn't it be easier to hit them and make them stop?"

You run your hand through your daughter's hair. "It would," you agree. "But that isn't what's right. Violence should never be considered until you've exhausted all other options. Do you understand me Zera?" "Yes, Daddy," she replies.

"This is so ugly even your mom wouldn't like it," Tensei says before tearing the piece of paper in half. The boy then proceeds to rip it into even smaller shreds before dropping it on the ground. Hiyatsu falls to the floor sobbing and begins to collect the pieces of her art.