Chapter 12- Triangle Bomb

It had been about a week since the disaster that was the boys vs. girls incident. Following your very public kiss with Kyu, Squad 13 had become increasingly curious as to what they were like. This resulted in you, Kyu, Hiro, and Zero Two being pestered frequently for most of the week before they finally dropped the issue.

Zorome however, had remained insistent that he would find out what a kiss felt like. I personally hope I get to see it when he tries to make a move on Miku, or god forbid one of the other girls, you say to yourself. On second thought, I hope it's one of the others. Kokoro would be great, she'd get the best reaction from Miku. Your train of thought is interrupted by yelling in the hall.

"Hey guys, they're here!" Futoshi yells. Everyone quickly makes their way into the lounge staring anxiously at the presents in a pile on the floor. Goro is quick to begin handing them out. Several of the others are so excited that they can't even wait for him to finish before tearing into theirs.

Zorome receives a new ball, Futoshi several kinds of food, Mitsuru a fancy ballpoint pen and Goro some new fishing poles. Ikuno has a stack of fresh books, Miku sniffs her new perfume and Kokoro examines her make up kit. Ichigo and Kyu compare their new stuffed animals while Goro chides them about asking for kiddy stuff.

Hiro walks over handing you a small box with your name on it. You check its contents then pocket it, pleased to find it is what you'd asked for. Zero Two stands beside you and Hiro, who is thumbing through his illustrated guide to birds. Why he would want such a thing you'll never know.

"Is that a picture book?" she asks him. "No, it's a guide to the birds of the world," Hiro replies, "there are some pictures but it's not like that. We have some in the study though, do you want to see one?" he asks. Before she can reply Zorome stands getting everyone's attention.

"Hey everyone, listen up," Zorome announces, "I'm gonna read Papa's letter now," he clears his throat, "Boys and girls, your accomplishments represent a ray of hope, a harbinger of peace and prosperity for mankind. Glory be to you noble parasites, who risk your lives for us." Squad 13 look amazed by the letter's contents but you, Kyu, and Zero Two look at each other unimpressed.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Do you think she'll like it?" you ask Zero Two, showing her your present. "Of course she will," the horned girl replies, "it's from you." She picks up a hand mirror showing it to you. "Darling got me this, but he could have gotten me anything so long as it was from him." You smile, glad she wasn't left out thanks to Hiro's quick thinking. "Alright," you say nervously as you walk to the door, "I'm going to give it to her." "Good luck," Zero Two says playfully as you exit.

You knock on the door of the room Kyu shares with Miku and Kokoro. Kokoro answers it, "(Y/N)," she says somewhat surprised, "What are you doing here?" "Is Kyu in?" you ask. "Yes, let me just," Kokoro says opening the door.

Kyu sits on her bed aligning her stuffed animals in a row. Why am I not surprised? But it is adorable. At the head of the bed sits an old and sewn together bear, Mr. Snuggles. "(Y/N)'s here," Kokoro announces. Kyu and Miku both turn to face you as you enter. "Kyu may I speak with you?" you ask. "Sure, go ahead," she answers still rearranging the toys. "I'd prefer we spoke in private," you reply, giving Kokoro and Miku an awkward smile. "They are fine," Kyu says glancing back and forth between the tiger in her left hand and the dolphin in her right.

You sigh, "Alright, please come here." "What for?" she inquires, looking at you strangely. The awkwardness of the situation mixed with your nervousness starts to transform into frustration. "I have something for you, do you want it or not?" you ask turning away.