Chapter 6 - Disobeying Orders

Shortly after lunch, a second alarm sounds. This time it is followed by the announcement of a Klaxosaur. Everyone quickly makes their way to the locker rooms to change, then gathers in the briefing room.

"We have detected a worm type Klaxosaur approaching the plantation." Hachi states, "Squad 13 will deploy to deal with the threat." "Will Terraria be participating?" Ichigo asks. "Not this time." Nana replies, "You children will need to learn to handle things without them. This will be your first test."

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You and Kyu watch with Nana as Squad 13's Franxx leave the plantation. As you do Zero Two and Hiro come running into the room. "Sorry we're late," Hiro apologizes. "Don't think putting on your suits means we'll deploy Strelitzia." Nana says sternly looking at Zero Two. "Hey, I didn't say anything," she nonchalantly replies.

Looking at the monitors it appears that Squad 13 is struggling against the Klaxosaur. They had initially stunned it but that hadn't lasted long. Out of nowhere a second part of the Klaxosaur resembling a clawed tail grabbed Argentea and began thrashing her around. While the other Franxx were distracted the Klaxosaur recovered. It dug below them and bursts out from underneath, trapping Delphinium and Chlorophytum in its drill like maw. Genista was left hanging on for dear life to her cannon, it's bayonet still fixed to the Klaxosaur, as she is pulled into the air.

You also notice that a military transport has just landed in the hangar. A Military transport? What's it doing here? You say to yourself. They only use those when they need to move Franxx.

"This wouldn't be happening if we were there right now, don't you think?" Zero Two sighs. "Out of the question." Nana snaps. "The transport that just landed, who's it for?" You ask. As you do the door to the briefing room slides open revealing 12 APE soldiers brandishing weapons. "Your escorts." Nana replies, "Zero Two, you are going back to the front lines, by yourself of course. Terraria has also been reassigned." She continues.

The soldiers fan out into a semicircle surrounding you, Kyu, and Zero Two. "Is this really necessary?" you ask. The soldier in charge begins walking toward Zero Two his arm outstretched. "Code 002, you're coming with us." "I wouldn't do that." You warn. The soldier ignores you and places a hand on Zero Two's shoulder.

"Don't touch me!" Zero Two yells as she throws the man. He lands in a heap about 20 feet away. You sigh, "I told you not to do it." With that the soldiers ready their weapons. Red lasers appear on Zero Two's form as well as your own and Kyu's. You instinctively step in front of Kyu blocking her from the soldiers.

"What's going on?" Hiro pleads. Zero Two slowly walks over to Hiro. "Looks like we've run out of time Darling. I thought we could do it." She says in a melancholy voice, "I wanted nothing more than to stay here and be with you." She leans her head down bringing her horns into contact with Hiro's forehead. He seems surprised by the act but doesn't shy away. Zero Two backs away slowly, tears beginning to form in her eyes. "Bye-bye."

"Move." Orders one of the soldiers. You follow Zero Two out of the room. You hear Hiro muttering as you exit. Kyu takes hold of your hand as you walk, worry evident on her face. "Why are we going with them?" she whispers, "I don't want to leave." "They have guns," you reply glancing at your escorts. This is the first time they've brought guns, I hope they don't have permission to use them.

You continue walking through the plantations maze of hallways before Zero Two stops for a moment. She turns looking in your direction, though you can tell she is looking through you, not at you. She's noticed something. Her senses have always been much better than ours. "What's wrong?" one of the soldiers demands. "Nothing." She replies continuing.