Chapter 24- Not According to Plan

Hello everyone! We are back! My apologies for the extended wait time for this chapter but it couldn't be helped. I will be away from society during the latter part of this week as well so unless the chapter is able to be finalized before then it will likely be next week before you receive it. My apologies that as well. 

Also the poll to determine the love interest for the next story is still ongoing. Ichigo currently holds the lead but anything could happen. If you haven't voted already you can do so here, strawpoll.com/e5352k4x  Anyway that's enough from me, until next time! 

"In the previous battle, we successfully took over the Gran Crevasse and captured the massive weapon that lay underground," the mulberry haired woman before you states. You have never seen this woman before in your life but when she arrived several minutes ago she had addressed you as Squad 13 and then called each of you by the correct code. She wears an official APE uniform similar to Nana's which makes you uncomfortable.

"This weapon, known as Star Entity, is now under our control," she continues. "Tomorrow we will be booting it up, a task which is sure to attract a large number of Klaxosaurs due to large amounts of magma energy at the site. The Franxx squads are tasked with one mission: Keep all enemies away from the Gran Crevasse. Be aware that many sacrifices will have to be made. Do your best." She gives a good-natured smile afterword, but you can't shake the feeling that something is up with her.

Miku raises her hand. "Yes Code 390," the woman warmly asks. "I'm sorry," Miku says, "But who are you and where'd Nana go?" The woman appears to be confused by the question. "What do you mean?" she asks, "I'm Nana." She suddenly perks up again. "Oh right, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Code 007, Squad 13's new caretaker."

Several minutes later the fake Nana leaves and you begin to have a discussion amongst yourselves.

"For the record, I don't like this," you state. "First Nana disappears, and then we get this new woman claiming to be her." "It is rather odd," Ikuno murmurs. "Who cares?" Zorome asks. "This will all be over soon and then we can just leave." "Not all of us," Ichigo solemnly replies looking at you.

"We've got a plan," Kyu states. "Mind telling us?" Goro asks. "Maybe we could help." "You'll know when you see it," Kyu responds.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You've never seen this many parasites gathered in one place before. Truth be told, you didn't know that there were this many of you in the entire world, but here they are. Papa had called everyone to the massive hall in the Bird's Nest, you assume it has to do with the upcoming battle because you were all required to dress for combat before the ceremony began. Just your luck, Squad 13 had been selected to stand front and center for the occasion.

"Ape has always desired eternal peace and prosperity for mankind," The Vice Chairman preaches. "Soldiers, fear not! Offer up everything you have in this mission," Marmoset continues. The parasites around you are awestruck listening to APE, quite the contrast to Squad 13. To say that most of you look disinterested would be putting it lightly.

Ichigo and Goro along with Miku and Zorome hold hands in a bold defiance of APE, though they are several rows back from the front. Before you in the front row Zero Two yawns before turning to Hiro and smiling. Meanwhile you and Kyu chatted throughout the entire ceremony. Your general lack of respect was not missed by Alpha and the other 9's who stand just in front of APE's stage.

Alpha stares directly at you with a murderous glare. You should be dead, and he is well aware. He likely hopes that he will be allowed to carry out your sentence. As annoying as it is, you push it aside. You already know how things will go from here and Alpha doesn't factor in to your plan. Just to annoy him you give him a wink before very obviously leaning over and whispering into Kyu's ear.