Chapter 15- The Garden

Hello everyone, it's been a bit since the last A/N. Hope you are all enjoying the story so far. This chapter marks the official halfway point of the anime and as a result will likely be close for this story as well. End of the last chapter was intense huh? Well things won't be calming down for some time so buckle up and prepare to dive head long into the insanity.

You stand in the study watching Zero Two as she searches the shelves. She pulls a book from one, flips through it quickly then tosses it aside. "No pictures, I knew it," she huffs. You continue to watch her silently as she rifles through the shelves. Her horns are definitely longer now, and her fangs are showing through. She's becoming the very thing she despises.

"You need to calm down," you say softly, "Getting angry will only make things worse." She turns to look at you, "I have come this far," she growls. "I will not be denied." "You are going to lose control and hurt someone," you state, "You need to talk to me. I can help, maybe even get Hiro to," she screams cutting you off, "Why can't he remember!" she shrieks as she overturns the table, sending books flying. Her irises have turned red again, but you aren't afraid. You walk forward and try to pull her into an embrace. She shrugs it off and continues out of the room muttering, "I know what I have to do."

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You exit Plantation 13 and are immediately greeted by the bitter cold of winter. Nana begins walking in the direction of The Garden motioning for you to follow. "There it is," Goro says, "The Garden." "It feels like it was just yesterday we left," Ichigo adds.

As you walk, you see several other parts of the facility. One in particular is very familiar to you, a tall building that is completely black. When you were younger they'd take you there for your injections. "Hey that's The Lab," Miku exclaims pointing to the spire like building, "I saw it everyday as a kid but never went inside." "That's where we will be going today," Nana announces, "You children's maintenance will be done there."

As you continue walking toward The Lab you begin preparing yourself for the barrage of tests you know will be coming. We've put it off for this long, you think, but we knew we'd have to eventually.

"Very few people went to The Lab, right?" Kokoro asks. "Yeah, only Hiro as far as I know," Futoshi answers. "(Y/N), went," Kyu says looking worriedly at you. Hiro looks at you clearly interested, "Special research subject," you say in unison. He nods but the curiosity in his eyes tells you he will want to swap stories later.

You enter The Lab to find it has the same large atrium you remember and many hallways and doors leading in different directions. Nana and Hachi stop in the center of the room turning to face you. "Listen up," Nana says, "We are here to run tests on each of you. I'm sorry to say but this won't be a homecoming, you are not allowed to enter The Garden."

You are standing roughly ten feet from the rest of the squad beside Kyu and Zero Two, but you still hear them whispering. "What kind of tests?" Ichigo asks. "And why do they have to be here?" Goro adds. "I think we are just tagging along," Hiro answers, looking to Zero Two who is biting her nails nervously.

"Code 002, Code 059, you will undergo thorough testing," Hachi states. "I'll pass," Zero Two growls. "This is a direct order," Nana responds, "They cannot be put off any longer." Zero Two glares at her, breaking off the nail she had been biting.

"Oh hey," a smug voice says. You know its owner without looking but do anyway. Approaching from the far side of the room is none other than Alpha, flanked by the rest of the 9's. "Well if it isn't Iota and her little pet," he continues, "What a coincidence seeing you here," he laughs, "Well then again maybe not, you're here for maintenance too right?"