Chapter 29- Tying the Knot

"So," you say as Kokoro, Delta, and probably another thirty parasites watch you kneel before Kyu and collectively gasp. "Kyu, will you marry me?"

"Yes!" Kyu cries as she sheds tears of joy. "Yes! Of course, I'll marry you." It feels as though a weight has been lifted from your chest. You begin to laugh. Just a chuckle at first, but soon it is as though someone has told the funniest joke of your life.

You gather yourself and slide the ring onto Kyu's left ring finger. She continues to cry, now completely at a loss for words. Kyu pulls you into a hug, her grip almost as strong as Terraria's. Over her shoulder Kokoro sobs into Delta's, while the former 9 beams at you. Love is a very new concept to the other parasites, but it seems that displays of it still have an effect on them as several fight back tears and many smile.

"When?" Kyu asks finally managing to speak. "I was thinking today," you answer. "How about two hours, would that give you enough time?" Over Kyu's shoulder Kokoro nods several times. "Alright, I'm going to go now, so you can get ready."

You attempt to stand but Kyu maintains her hold. "Love, you're going to have to let me go." "I just want this moment to last forever." You smile then plant a kiss on her forehead. This time she releases you as you stand. You give a slight wave, which she returns, and make your way out of the Great Hall.

As you walk through the halls of the Bird's Nest toward the room containing most of your clothes you pull out your communicator and dial Ichigo's number. "(Y/N), I'm kind of busy, what do you need?" "Ichigo, I called to tell you I am getting married and I need everyone gathered for it." "You know (Y/N) that's great and all, but like I said I'm," Ichigo stops. "Did you say you are getting married?!" "I am in about two hours. So, like I was saying, if you could get everyone back here and make sure they are ready I would-"

"Say no more, it will be done." Ichigo begins talking to herself on the other end of the line. "If they are getting married, I need to move the five o'clock committee meeting. Then I need to change my, oh forget it. Goro! Cancel everything we have for the rest of today. Yes, I know it was important, but something just came up! Listen to me, we are not having this argument right now, (Y/N) and Kyu are getting married! Will you focus for just ten seconds? I need you to get the boys and make sure they are clean and ready for the ceremony. It starts in... (Y/N)?" "Two hours," you answer. "Two hours," Ichigo shouts.

You laugh to yourself feeling sorry for Goro and what you'd just unleashed upon him. Based on what you could hear of the conversation he was lucky to have gotten in ten words since Ichigo entered crisis mode. "Thank you, Ichigo," you chuckle ending the call.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A short while later you are surrounded by the male members of Squad 13 toasting your soon to begin wedding. Even Hiro is present, which surprises you. "I didn't think you'd leave Zero Two's side," you tell him. "She would have wanted to be here for this, the least I can do is witness it so I can tell her about it later. Besides," Hiro puts on the best smile he can muster. "I am happy for you two, even if it seems like I'm having trouble showing it. You've both done so much for Zero Two and me." "I'm not done yet, either," you say, grabbing his forearm. He returns the gesture. "I won't be satisfied until we do this again on your wedding day." Your eventual brother in-law looks at you with complete conviction. "Deal."

As the time of the wedding approaches you send the boys to the Great Hall to wait in their positions while you stand outside. About five minutes before you were to begin you hear the telltale squeaking of Kyu's wheelchair making its way toward you. When she rounds the corner, your breath is taken away.

Kyu wears a simple but elegant white dress. There are no frills and the lower portion doesn't flow like Kokoro's had, likely because she is still in her wheelchair. Instead, the sleeveless dress clings to her form as you trace her. Kyu's sky-blue hair has been curled into ringlets that fall down around her face. She seems to radiate beauty as well as grace. She carries a bouquet of flowers that you are positive must have been stolen from one of the Bird's Nest's displays. The white and purple tulips perfectly complete her look, turning her once again into the angel you saw that fateful night in Mistilteinn.