0.3

'it's so cold that your stare's 'bout to kill me.'

(1950 - king princess)

-

Harry took long strides down the street, and I took short quick ones to keep up with him; his long legs really weren't doing me any favors.

"Where are we going now?" I asked, finally catching up to him and slowing down a little.

"I want to show you something," he said, observing his surroundings as we walked. I didn't ask anything else, as he turned the corner and I followed.

He walked into a small building; a cherry red wooden exterior and dirty glass windows. A bell on the door jingled as Harry swung it open, holding the door open for me.
It was a bookstore.

"Hi, Hugo," he said quietly, waving to a grey-haired man behind the counter, and I couldn't help but notice how he changed as soon as somebody else was nearby, I hadn't experienced Harry as shy - he seemed pretty cocky from the moment I met him.

Harry grabbed my wrist and lead me over to a corner, grabbing a book I didn't recognise, before leading me through a door that more or less hung off its hinges; we were outside now - a terrace of some kind with two chairs and some old carpeting rolled onto the floor.

It was freezing up here; though there was a shelter of some kind above our head to keep the rain out, the cold air still whipped at our faces, and I shivered at the iciness.

Harry sat down on one of the chairs, and I did the same, continuing to shiver, which he noticed.

"Cold?" he asked me, his lip turning up in a smirk while his eyebrow did the same, much like the way he had last night.

I shook my head, "I'm okay."

He shrugged his coat off his shoulders, outstretching his hand with it in to me.

"I'm fine, Harry."

"Just take it. I don't need you blaming me for a cold tomorrow."

"I'm-"
"Shut up and take the damn coat, Ana," he said firmly, that glint still prominent in his eye.

I rolled my eyes, taking the coat from him and sliding my arms into it - it was still warm from his own body heat, and it smelt strongly of smoke. It practically engulfed me, Harry's scent of smoke and a slight hint of vanilla, the coat hanging off my arms and covering my knees as I brought them to my chest.

"You're welcome."

"Thank you," I narrowed my eyes playfully, tugging out my hair tie and letting my hair cover my shoulders.

"Y'know, for being such a rich girl, you certainly don't dress like one."

"This sweater is Gucci," I joked, causing him to chuckle, looking away for a brief moment.

"Seriously - you're modest, and I like that."

"Modest how?"

"You don't flaunt all the shit we both know you have."

"I don't see the reason to."

His eyes locked on mine again, studying me, "You look good in that coat. I'd tell you to keep it so I could see you in it again if it weren't the only thing I had," he chuckled, but I could see a hint of sadness in his gaze. I sent him a soft smile, unsure of what to say in response.

"Here," he handed me the book in his hands, placing it into my lap. I looked down at the cover, Pride and Prejudice.

"Read it," he said gently, his eyes watching me as I ran my thumb over the cover.