5.3

'what a feeling to be right here beside you now, holding you in my arms.'

(what a feeling - one direction)

-

A.

I woke up to the soft pattering of the rain against the roof; Harry's flat being at the top of the building and allowing the sound of the water hitting the surface to be heard. I glanced at the window, and determined it couldn't be past five or six, the sun barely skimming the sky. My eyes drifted back to the sleeping boy who held me in his arms, his tanned skin on the top half of his face hidden by his curls sprawled over it, as he blew peaceful breaths between his ever-so-slightly parted lips, his arms wound instinctively around my waist.

A sharp pain suddenly shot through my lower abdomen and I silently winced - so that was why I'd woken up. I groaned internally, slipping out of Harry's arms without disturbing him, and standing up to head to the bathroom. I flicked on the bathroom light, shuffling sleepily towards the mirror, and glancing at my reflection - my eyes were so much brighter compared to weeks ago, my skin possessing the glow it once had - I was happy, and you could see it.

I cleaned myself up within a few minutes, and padded back to bed, where Harry's arms remained open in the way I'd left them, as I slipped back into the pair.

"Hey," he mumbled sleepily, not bothering to open his eyes, "you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I nodded although he didn't see, snuggling back into his chest.

"Are you on, beaut?" he asked me just as sleepily before, and I rolled my eyes a little that he'd been able to tell I was on my period so easily.

"Lucky guess?"

"You always wake up around this time when you're on your period," a knowing smile pulled at his lips, though his eyes remained shut as he wound his arms tighter around me, pressing a chaste kiss to my forehead, "Do you want me to get you anything? 'Corner shop opens at six."

"Mm," I hummed in thought, leaning further into the pillow and bringing my hand to his jawline, "you know what I'd kill for?"

"Hershey's?" he opened his eyes, cocking an eyebrow at me as I responded with a nod.

"Hershey's."

"Mm, alright," he hummed, pressing his lips to mine for a brief moment, before standing up from the bed. He pushed his arms back in a slow stretch, reaching for a hoodie to cover his exposed skin, and pulling it on along with his sweatpants, "I told you I'm the greatest," he added, grabbing his keys from the nightstand and leaning over to give me another kiss.

"You are indeed," I mumbled against his lips, shouting him an 'I love you' as he pulled the bedroom door shut, sending me a quick wink as he did so.

I leant back into the mattress, cuddling further into Harry's t-shirt I was wearing, the scent of his cologne causing my senses to tingle. My eyes fluttered shut for a moment, but the prominent ache I felt in my gut made it pretty clear I wouldn't be sleeping. I stood up from the bed, slipping out of the bedroom and into the hallway in search of some aspirin to try and fight these cramps.

Since Harry and Liam weren't here so often anymore, there were little-to-no supplies anywhere, and so I couldn't find a single pill. I sighed, grabbing my phone.

To Harry:

Can you please grab me some aspirin? xx

From Harry:

Do you think I'm an idiot? x

I couldn't help but grin at the bluntness of his response, as I headed into the kitchen, deciding to make myself a cup of tea. As I filled the kettle with water, I heard the footsteps and the irritated grunt signalling Liam was awake.