4.6

'cut me open, take my heart, so we'll never be apart, don't you let it go to waste.'

(when you walk away - 5 seconds of summer)

-

A.

"Anastasia," the sound of my mother's voice sounded from the other side of my bedroom door, before it swung open without warning.

I stood up from my window seat, placing my phone down beside me after hitting send on my reply to Harry, "Yes?"

She sighed, edging closer to where I stood, suddenly looking very small without the added height of her heels, "I heard Harry's coming to dinner tonight."

"Yes," I said quietly, "he is. And he'll be here any minute."

My mother sat down on the edge of my bed, crossing one leg over the other as she blew out yet another sigh, "I don't like that boy, Anastasia."

"I know. You made that pretty clear when you sent him 5000 miles away," I said calmly, turning to walk away and sit in the chair by my vanity, "which you had no reason to do."

"He was corrupting you and your future," she said defensively, and I scoffed, turning in my chair to face her.

"Do you realise how patronising you sound?" I chuckled humourlessly, "you ruined his life, and for what? Because he loves me - that's why."

"Anastasia, you don't know a thing about love," she scoffed, and I narrowed my eyes.

"I know that I love Harry very, very much - and that he loves me. And if in your heart you have even an ounce of respect and love for me - you'll try tonight."

My mother's eyes hardened, if possible, even more, and as she opened her mouth to speak, suddenly Harry appeared in the doorway.

"Hey, I'm-" he paused, catching sight of my mother seated on my bed, and closing his mouth quickly, "sorry, I'll just-"

"No, you're fine, Harry," she bit her lip, her tone slightly cold as she stood up from my bed and smoothed out her skirt, "I'll see you two in fifteen minutes for dinner," she said before leaving the room without another word.

"Hey," I stood up from my chair once she'd left the room, a smile pulling at my lips as I took note of his new hair, much shorter than before but still long - the unruly curls still skimming the middle of his neck - it looked good, but much neater, "Nice hair."

"You think?" he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug which I gladly accepted, as he pressed a kiss to my forehead. I nodded, resting my fingers at the nape of his neck.

"I like it," I told him, a playful grin on my lips, "love it, actually. Very sophisticated."

"Oh, you know me - very sophisticated. Practically my middle name," he pinched my hip, "What was your mum talking to you about?"

"Nothing important," I shrugged dismissively, "same as before, and I think I'm now dreading dinner even more than before. She still wants to deny the fact we're together."

"She'll get used to it, love," he assured me, "don't worry about her. And besides - aren't I supposed to be the nervous one? Meeting the parents and all?"

I smiled softly, taking his face in my hands, "Thank you for trying even after everything that they've done."

"I still don't like them," he warned, pecking my lips, "But if this is what you want.."

"It is," I nodded, "I love you."

"Huh?" he raised an eyebrow teasingly, "I didn't quite catch that."