2.6

'i've been dreaming about a knitted sweater for two, goddamnit, we look good together.'

(talk fast - 5 seconds of summer)

-

"I think this one's pretty cool, though."

I craned my neck around as Harry lifted his arm and twisted it to show me the large ship inked onto his bicep.

"I like this one," I ran my fingertips over the black heart that was inked just above the ship, before moving my hand to the more literal heart on his arm, "or there's the actual heart on you. Why did you get these ones?"

"I wear my heart on my sleeve, I'm not afraid, to say what I mean, mean what I say," he belted out suddenly, "set myself up, let myself down, I may be a fool to spread it around-"

"Shush," I hissed at him, "it's nearly midnight."

"Oh yeah, whoops," he leant further back against my knees, leaning his head back to rest it on my lap. He sat on the floor, I sat on the couch, his back often shifting from between my legs to resting on them, as I ran my fingers through his hair. 

"Your hair is so long now," I mumbled, playing with the strands between my fingers.

"Which is why I've been wearing it up so often."

I hummed, "do you have any hair ties on you?"

He nodded, bringing his arm around as I snatched the two from his wrist, before his arm fell back to his lap. 

"Tilt your head back a bit, I'm trying something," I told him, and he did as I said.

"Don't make me look like an idiot, yeah?" I could practically hear his grin, though I couldn't see his face.

"I would never," I parted his hair down the middle, tying his hair on one side and focusing on the other. I brought the strands around my fingers, looping them over each other.

"I bet you look so cute while you're concentrating right now, and I can't even see."

I continued braiding down the left side of Harry's head, completing a french braid in a few minutes, thanks to his hair only reaching his shoulders, "Half done," I murmured, turning my attention to the other side.

"At this rate we'll be here til Christmas," Harry joked, knowing we were only a few minutes away, and I laughed, calling him an idiot as I began a braid to match the first. He fed me a leftover cold chicken nugget from the discarded bag of food, his palm closed around my knee as he sat between the two, pressing kisses over my jeans to the side of my knee, causing me to smile as I tied the second braid.

"Done," I declared, "turn around." He did so, turning to face me and standing up, towering over me once more, "how cute."

"I'm not cute," he grumbled, resting an arm either side of my head as he leant down to press a kiss to the tip of my nose, clambering onto the couch next to me and bringing his arm around me to pull me onto his lap. 

I grabbed my phone from the coffee table, snapping a picture of him as he rested his chin on my shoulder, unable to hide the smile from his face. He was relaxed; he was happy - the best type of Harry.

"No paparazzi," he mumbled, burying his face into my neck as my back rested against his chest, and I continued to snap pictures of him, as he pressed his lips lovingly to my jaw and cheek, pinching my hip in the way he often did to make the both of us laugh. I put my phone back down, checking the time. 11:56.

"Almost Christmas," I sighed contently, shifting my position in his lap so I straddled him, our eyes now meeting.

"Don't you have to kiss at midnight?"